LegacyGT.com

Downpipe advice..

Don’t forget a socket for the O2 sensor. If you live in a rusty area, I’d recommend an O2 sensor socket over a wrench. Try to use liquid assistance from WD40/PB Blaster first before torching it.

It’s not too difficult. Good luck

How much rust we talking about?

For minor to moderate I'd apply several applications of Liquid Wrench or PB Blaster to all hardware for a few days. Tap the heads a bit with a hammer on anything you can reach, should help crack rust and help the penetrant seep deeper down the threads.

I recommend using penetrating fluid on the bolts the night before you plan on doing the install. At almost 150k miles, I managed to take off all of my bolts and nuts for the install without any issues

Use anti seize compound to on all the threads

Any 3/8 nuts and bolts will work for the mid pipe connection

I also like to pick up new nuts from the dealership and remember not to over tighten that one nut under the DP in the stud in the turbo, it can be a PITA to remove if over tight.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

How much rust we talking about?

For minor to moderate I'd apply several applications of Liquid Wrench or PB Blaster to all hardware for a few days. Tap the heads a bit with a hammer on anything you can reach, should help crack rust and help the penetrant seep deeper down the threads.

Minimal. The turbo was replaced before I bought the car about 3 years ago. How long before that, I'm not too sure. It's definitely newer looking than anything else!

Solid advice everyone. Thank you.

Scotty