LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Audio

"Researchers in 2004 found no detectable difference in audio quality between DVD-A and SACD[15] (and subsequent research found no detectable difference in audio quality between SACD and CD).[16]"

Right. But he mentioned DVD music videos. So I am assuming video is included with the audio, which makes me think the music portion on the disc has to be compressed to fit.

I was testing for boost leaks. I think I have several and locating them is a pain since there is so much stuff attached to the top of a 2.5 turbo. Working on the 3.0 is a lot easier for me. The turbo inlet seemed to leak a lot so I put hose clamps around all the brass fittings but I hear air coming from around the turbo or something and the intake manifold blocks my access to everything.

Anyway, I hooked up an STi Genome boost gauge that I bought from Croooober. So at least now I have a better idea of what the engine is doing. I got a peak of approximately 72kpa which translates to 10.5psi which is during gear changes. Generally stays around 60-65kpa or 8.7-9.4psi under acceleration. Is that low? It's a 2007 LGT with a 5EAT.

I've been suffering from a vacuum leak on my 06. Computer kept adding fuel. Finally found the culprit: a very small tear at the turbo inlet hose where it is clamped at the turbo. Just bought a new OEM inlet hose.

Should have done this:

A guy in Kyrgyzstan. $100 shipped for the armrest and door pulls. Ordered mine June 9th and received today. Want me to ask him about door pull only price?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Does he sell ready to install covered handles or just the sleeves? What kind of payment does he take?

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

second on this. Those look incredible, definitely need more info and a way to order
Handles were plug and play. Yank the old ones off. Snap the new ones on. Only thing to note is that there were a few metal clips on the new handles so just take inventory of your clips and transfer from old to new as necessary. Handles and armrest were advertised black with red stitching. I sent him pictures of my boots and asked him to match the grey stitch. He said no problem. Had them ready in a day or two. Ordered July 9th and received on the 21st. Cost was $100 for the handles and arm rest. It was a complete armrest minus the hinge so I hit the local junkyard for a hinge because I had the extended armrest which has a different hinge. @legacymarket on Instagram. I have ordered 3 times in the past month and never had an issue. He mentioned donor parts might become an issue so I'm sending him my handles back to help him out. If anyone wants to donate handles or armrests hit me up and I'll send him a bunch. Or I'll go to the junkyard and get him a box full.

Edited by norutah

Yeah, the steering wheel carbon bling came from him too

Noticed that one. Also saw the wagon waist spoilers, the outback front air dams that I've never seen before (I assume jdm fitment though), those under body air dams are a bit interesting. It's cool to see these cars are getting, or maybe have been, popular in Russia and surrounding countries. One more source to keep mine alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noticed that one. Also saw the wagon waist spoilers, the outback front air dams that I've never seen before (I assume jdm fitment though), those under body air dams are a bit interesting. It's cool to see these cars are getting, or maybe have been, popular in Russia and surrounding countries. One more source to keep mine alive.

They get access to a lot of JDM and EDM cars at the same time. IIRC Russia was listed as 2nd market by volume for Subaru after US few years ago, do not recall if overall volume or some specific models. For God's sake they can officially buy Levorg there while we can not.

I got some stuff from galogenu.net back in the day, shipping to US was under 2 weeks and they were taking credit cards. Haven't checked anything lately but may swing again for some nice bi-LED modules.

I ordered the outback JDM rev a/c front lip extensions. Just going to see if they'll fit or what it would take to make them fit. All of the measurements we took look promising. Should have them in a few weeks

These front air dams?

G5fXaTl.jpg

100% they only fit on JDM D-F Outback bumpers.

Darn...I guess I'll have a set for sell in next couple weeks or I'll swap my front end

That’s what I ended up doing. I bought the air dams first thinking they would fit the USDM bumper. When they didn’t, I bought a JDM front bumper thinking I had everything. Then I realized that I was going to also need JDM headlights, JDM grille, JDM fenders, and some other small JDM bits (+USDM Legacy hood) to make it all work.

That’s what I ended up doing. I bought the air dams first thinking they would fit the USDM bumper. When they didn’t, I bought a JDM front bumper thinking I had everything. Then I realized that I was going to also need JDM headlights, JDM grille, JDM fenders, and some other small JDM bits (+USDM Legacy hood) to make it all work.
Ok, sell them it is lol

Ordered myself a new 2020 complaint helmet, kids talked me into going autox-ing with them.

HJC in matte blue metallic, I won't be first but at least I'll be stylish :lol:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/HJC-1502-464

Now need to decide whether to order new StarSpec for Mike's old racing rims or try his old rubber they are still wrapped in.

We just bought a 2009 Tribeca with 155K miles as a stop gap for a larger vehicle.

We'll keep our Outback Sport; I'll probably daily that and keep miles down on my LGT.

On topic:

My LGT is still in the paint shop. I drove by the other day and noticed it's been sanded so at least progress is being made.

We just bought a 2009 Tribeca with 155K miles as a stop gap for a larger vehicle.

We'll keep our Outback Sport; I'll probably daily that and keep miles down on my LGT.

On topic:

My LGT is still in the paint shop. I drove by the other day and noticed it's been sanded so at least progress is being made.

You should create a thread somewhere and post pics. Debated a while ago to get one as well, but never pulled the trigger.

Heard from the Skid Factory folks that the OEM H6 exhaust manifold design is apparently not that great, according to Allan. He thinks it increases the likelihood of pinging.

Ordered myself a new 2020 complaint helmet, kids talked me into going autox-ing with them.

HJC in matte blue metallic, I won't be first but at least I'll be stylish :lol:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/HJC-1502-464

Now need to decide whether to order new StarSpec for Mike's old racing rims or try his old rubber they are still wrapped in.

ZII star specs? Those haven't been manufactured in years, I would steer clear of those. Even the ZIII I have a feeling dunlop hasn't made any in a while, so they'd be old date codes.

Falken RT660s are a good, current 200TW offering, and much cheaper than the alternatives.