LegacyGT.com

New '05 LGT 5MT Wagon Owner With a Plan

On 8/12/2023 at 12:32 PM, TMBLKDG said:

No doubt a smaller turbo like the VF40 would be even more responsive at lower RPMs, but check the dyno graph I posted. I was pretty happy with the VF52 and it was making 75-80 ft-lbs *more* torque from 3000-3500 RPM which is a big difference.  

3k is still too high for me :spin:. I don't like waiting lol.

Edited by xt2005bonbon
  • Haha 2

Below 350whp the stock airbox proven to work better than the aftermarket ones.  so the sf intake is for the sound.  It is helpful above the 350 mark as that is where the stock one becomes restrictive.

Your header uppipe combo might be making less noise/sound then before if you had an uppipe with a flex section before and now are using a solid one.  But I suspect the change in sound is due to the design of those UEL that you installed.

Your turbo is definitely less responsive than the JMP VF52 you had, it just made less uptop than your current turbo.   But if you are missing the quicker spool you definitely need to go down in size on your turbo.

You could swap to an oem header with just a grimmspeed cross pipe which should move the powerband slightly to lower RPM, maybe from 3,7k to 3,5k but ultimately imo it looks like your turbo is happier in the upper rpm range

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here