LegacyGT.com

Amp power cable routing through drivers side?

djd775

take apart the fender well. There is a huge rubber gromet in the top rear of the well behind all the plastic. I was able to remove the mud guard and as many screws as I could then pull the plastic back enough to give me room to work. I know there is a picture of this location posted around here somewhere....that's how i found it.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

take apart the fender well. There is a huge rubber gromet in the top rear of the well behind all the plastic. I was able to remove the mud guard and as many screws as I could then pull the plastic back enough to give me room to work. I know there is a picture of this location posted around here somewhere....that's how i found it.

i used the same hole, and there is plenty of room, as i have my 4 guage going through there and my vacum hose for my boost guage.

Not sure if you've got the same holes, but in my OB there is a large blank grommet, diamond-shaped & about 2" square just inside the firewall from the shock tire (about 18" over, maybe 12" down from the top). It came out right by the gas pedal, was very easy to get 4g thru.

I think that picture shows the cable going through the passenger side near the grommet for the ECU and not on the drivers side where the master cylinder would be.

Here's the 2 AWG power wire going through the firewall right behind the intercooler. There is a factory grommet here, which we used... very convenient.

sounds like it's smack dab in the middle of the firewall to me. Why would you want to route it out behind the gas pedal anyways??

Manville's location is a great location to use but I want to stay on the drivers side of the car if possible. I think if I did have a grommet near there gas pedal it would actually be above it without any interference problems. That all being said I'm going to give the fender well a try for routing the wire this weekend.

• 2 months later...
it comes out to the drivers side of the console. Don't bother disassembling it - just pull up the carpet and push the power wire from the engine bay. You'll see it come out on it's own.

• 1 month later...

Arrrgggh. I've been struggling to get my 4AWG power cable through the grommet mentioned in previous posts (one used by Manville). I can get almost a foot stuffed in through the hole but can't find it on the inside - it starts to bunch up and doesn't seem to go anywhere.

Presume it's a just keep at it until you get it kind of thing but I'm tired and frustrated :(.

Any tips?

Archived