LegacyGT.com

Windshield washer fluid reservoir

Has anyone ever had to access the windshield washer reservoir?

I have a problem with mine. This car has been in an accident before.

It’s been hit on the front left corner. When the body work was done, they never realized that the reservoir was broken. Now, when I add fluid, it just leaks out fast. It seems like the tank is cracked.

From the videos that I have watched, it looks like it’s a big job, just to get access to it.

I was hoping that someone could maybe tell me an easier way to fix it.

Thanks in advance

From what I'm seeing, most of the work is in getting the bumper cover off, it should be out in the open after you do that. I've never pulled the bumper cover myself, but I know there's a guide or two around here somewhere to walk you through that.

From what I'm seeing, most of the work is in getting the bumper cover off, it should be out in the open after you do that. I've never pulled the bumper cover myself, but I know there's a guide or two around here somewhere to walk you through that.
It's not difficult, but I would recommend a set of extra hands. Basically, you remove all the upper and lower poppits and the ones from the wheel well and then it pops right off.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yep, if you pull the front bumper cover, you have great access. I can't imagine the reservoir being too expensive.

Here's a great video that I used on how to remove and reinstall the bumper cover:

This youtuber changes the headlights, so you really only need to watch the beginning and the end of the video! Hope this helps!

Archived