LegacyGT.com

Upgraded Radiator that fits with FMIC piping

So, mistakes were made and I cracked the hose fitting on the top of the stock radiator. Now, I’m looking to upgrade. I am slowly prepping my car for track and autocross so am upgraded radiator is somewhat called for. This car is not a daily driver anymore so while I could replace it with an OEM unit, I’d rather not.

I’m looking for suggestions for an aftermarket radiator setup that will clear FMIC piping. I am not against replacing the fans as well with lower profile ones if that’s an option. I haven’t looked into that idea yet but if anyone else has done this, let me know.

Also, I have a 35% discount at Mishimoto for one item. I haven’t heard good things about them though regarding fitment. I’d expect more issues with piping.

Koyo. I have the Mishimoto and while it fits and cools well, I'm not very impressed with the radiator fan mounts. They are put on very cheaply and could easily be broken off if you're not very careful when you install the radiator. If I were to buy another all aluminum radiator, I would not buy the Mishimoto.

Koyo. I have the Mishimoto and while it fits and cools well, I'm not very impressed with the radiator fan mounts. They are put on very cheaply and could easily be broken off if you're not very careful when you install the radiator. If I were to buy another all aluminum radiator, I would not buy the Mishimoto.

I’ve heard good things about Koyo. Maybe I’ll just use the mishimoto discount on the upper and lower radiator hoses.

Edit: are you running a FMIC with your mishimoto unit or know anyone who is?

Went with a Koyo based on recommendations from the guys at Cobb Surgeline Tuning here in Portland. They've had a lot more trouble with the Mishimoto ones over the years

Archived