LegacyGT.com

Installed set of Enkei GTC-01 wheels

I scored a set of 17 x 7.5 Enkei GTC-01 wheels for my GT. I searched forever for a set of Prodrive PFF wheels but had no luck. That is unless I paid $2k for them new. I ditched the Toyo Tires that were to big.

I’m very happy with these for $400.

Pics incoming.8ad02f5021329618efdf1a2de5307330.jpg9cdab1fe49ef2292a49f4307724edbf5.jpgcb45cc174da9d8c7f0b91e8148ee4ce3.jpg

Looks better than stock, eh?

So much better. My wife said “now you can see the brakes, are you going to paint the calipers?”

So is that totally cheesy to just paint calipers instead of a $2k upgrade? There is no way I am doing STI or other big brake kits. Should I leave well enough alone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So much better. My wife said “now you can see the brakes, are you going to paint the calipers?”

So is that totally cheesy to just paint calipers instead of a $2k upgrade? There is no way I am doing STI or other big brake kits. Should I leave well enough alone?

It's your car so who cares! Just don't put an even cheesier fake brembo sticker on them :p

One of my favorite wheels that I hardly ever see. I'd pick up a spare set for $400 in a heartbeat.

It's a tight fit, but at least you now have the option to run brembos. Plus you now have dual valve stems because racecar

20160715_201645_cropped.thumb.jpg.e9eb9295b2d22decf931b5c590da405a.jpg

My wife hates my car habit, so if she walked out and said that? I'd be clicking on the next brembo or stoptech bbl I could find. :p

Nothing says love like new brakes. But I kinda see your point too.

Blue with Subaru logo will rapidly become grey/rusty with no logo unless you are a constant detailer. Silver and lighter color show more prominently the darker colors all disappear unless close to the wheels. Paint some sample cards and test with wheels?

Then again, as someone else said "your car your rules"

Post em up when you get done...

Whatever color you paint, they will require some work to keep clean. Use good caliper paint and make sure you thoroughly de-grease everything before you paint. Wash them really well with acetone or brake cleaner using a stiff brush and then wash them again with dishwashing liquid and hot water and let them air dry really well.

You might even consider purchasing a remanufactured set to paint first while they're off the car and then install for the summer. You'll still need to degrease them well before painting, but you're starting with fresh metal. Slip them off for the winter and put the old ones back on and touch them up for next summer.

The ONLY issue with this is you'll have to pay the core charge, BUT you can search and find an old set from someone for cheaper than the core charge and use those for the exchange.

Archived