LegacyGT.com

what is the price for standard 17 rims

GeorgeB

what is the price in the US for the standard 17" rims (5 spokes)

because here the price is darn high about 477$ / rim (all taxes included)

i mean WTF ...

ok , they are made in japan ... but that alone, darn , 477$ :icon_frow

LGT OEM 17" rims are about $230/rim

WRX OEM 17" rims are anywhere from $200/rim (OEM) to $750/rim (BBS)

Aftermarket ASA 17" rims are about $180/rim

Aftermarket SSR 17" rims are about $380/rim

Aftermarket Rota 17" rims are about $160/rim to $230/rim

Aftermarket Volk 17" rims are about $500+/rim

Aftermarket Fikse, HRE, etc 17" rims are about $800+/rim

So many rims you can choose from anyways, just pick a price range, then go for fitment and style.

Keefe

LGT OEM 17" rims are about $230/rim

WRX OEM 17" rims are anywhere from $200/rim (OEM) to $750/rim (BBS)

Aftermarket ASA 17" rims are about $180/rim

Aftermarket SSR 17" rims are about $380/rim

Aftermarket Rota 17" rims are about $160/rim to $230/rim

Aftermarket Volk 17" rims are about $500+/rim

Aftermarket Fikse, HRE, etc 17" rims are about $800+/rim

So many rims you can choose from anyways, just pick a price range, then go for fitment and style.

At $141 a rim these Saabaru style BBS RK rims are a nice alternative to the stock wheels. I just received mine. They come with the valve stems and bolts. Painted silver finish.

http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=385

At $141 a rim these Saabaru style BBS RK rims are a nice alternative to the stock wheels. I just received mine. They come with the valve stems and bolts. Painted silver finish.

any idea of the weight of them?

what will you use for center caps (I'm assuming you'd get rid of the SAAB logos...)

Supposedly they weigh 16.2 lbs. Pretty light for cast wheels.

I tried taking apart the Saab caps and that was not a good idea. BBS caps run 11-15 each, the wheel vender has them, tirerack also and they are on ebay all the time. Anothor option is stickers from http://www.grafxwerks.com/products/shop.php?part=LEGT1 for $20. I'm also wondering if the OEM caps fit but I haven't even pulled one off.

17.2 lbs a wheel. They are cast, not forged.

http://wheelweights.net/ says 16.2 lbs. I will try and weigh mine. They are cast, but I could find no records of strength issues with these wheels. However, the wheel is discontinued, at least one reason for the low price.

Strength of a casting is a tricky issue. If the voids are controlled and the alloy and heat treating are right they can be close to a forging in strength.

It's just above $200, plus shipping, from most place I've shopped online.

Because the OEM wheel is so expensive, my Subaru dealer offered me a cheaper alternative; an aftermarket alloy wheel for only $350 CDN (~$300 US)! I never asked the actual price of the OEM wheel.

i paid for 17" yellow STI rims last year 250E / piece. i had them delivered from holland .

so paying almost double isn't my ideea of a good time.

i'm trying to give back these stock 16" and just pay for the tires .

vredestein snowtrac sound ok ? :D

http://wheelweights.net/ says 16.2 lbs. I will try and weigh mine. They are cast, but I could find no records of strength issues with these wheels. However, the wheel is discontinued, at least one reason for the low price.

Strength of a casting is a tricky issue. If the voids are controlled and the alloy and heat treating are right they can be close to a forging in strength.

Got a picture on your car? I think I rather go with BBS over Rota but not really like the design as much but a nice alternative to some cheap winter wheels.

Archived