LegacyGT.com

opinions/help with upgrades

I have a 2005 lgt 5speed with 56k ( completely stock ) i wouldn’t call it a daily but I do drive it less than a mile a day to the gym n back sometimes on a weekend when I’m off. Car runs great only problem I am running into is rust. Not just your reg rust, but rust to the point any Type of wrenching I do under the car I need to not only replace bolts but drill and re tap the wholes. So you can figure my exhaust is leaks.

When I replace these items up, down, mid, cbe. What should I be looking for I want a deep rumble but I’m older now and don’t want something loud well not to loud. Im not worried about saving money I want quality parts. Also I’ll be doing all work myself. If you guys have any tips tricks products that you love anything that will help me during this process I’d appreciate it.

Was thinking of the following

Catless up hks

Catless down cobb

Perrin equal length headers

Hks Silent hi power full exhaust

Would that be to loud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the Agency Power ELH better than the Perrin. I've used 2 sets now (one on my own car and another on a build I helped with) and they fit perfectly, excellent quality, and are not over the top expensive. In the case of these, ebay is your friend.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AGENCY-POWER-EXHAUST-HEADER-fits-2002-2016-SUBARU-WRX-STI-2-5L-EQUAL-LENGTH/323466013555?fits=Year%3A2005%7CModel%3ALegacy%7CSubmodel%3AGT%7CMake%3ASubaru&epid=1139431668&hash=item4b5013ab73:g:J24AAOSwi7RZFYm9:rk:1:pf:0

I have the HKS Silent Hi-Power and while my car is probably not a great comparison for you, I can say the exhaust is very well made and definitely on the quieter end of the spectrum.

Also if you aren't worried about saving money, check out the Killer Bee Holy Headers. I have them as well.

Does your state have emissions testing and a visual inspection for a cat?

A catted DP should pass inspection and will not change the hp any.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I’ll check those headers out and as for the inspections it’s just a lick n stick type only checks the engine light and blinkers.

Is there a benefit to catless or not.

Should any of these pipes be wrapped, I’ve seen ceramic coated up n down pipes from grimm speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO the only benefit to going catless is cost.

Unless you are the type that wants to be "shooting flames" while you bounce off the rev limiter.

On the wrapping it is mostly personal preference. I got the ceramic coated GrimmSpeed DP, but my Killer Bee Headers are wrapped.

Archived