LegacyGT.com

P0171, CEL and Blinking Cruise

I took my 06 spec B (200k) to the dealer to replace the valve cover gaskets. I get it back and now its stalling at idle when coming to a stop. I decided to look around and see if anything was left unplugged. I found the IAC01 hose in the picture was split where it connects to the valve cover. The F92219 hose isn't all the way down on the valve cover either.

B13_05001681.thumb.png.99805e0901b2f5296b5ff3321512dbb2.png

B13_08201153.thumb.png.5ab593b2646ef523810f6a7abf484d64.png

I found the IAC01 hose in the picture was split where it connects to the valve cover. The F92219 hose isn't all the way down on the valve cover either.
A P0171 is a lean running condition, so you DO NOT want to drive it much longer without addressing the issue. Your hoses are obviously out-of-whack, so I'd correct that before you do anything. Following that, I would take notes of every last bit of data stored in the ECU and clear the codes.

If the issue returns, I'd take some brake cleaner (WARNING: extremely flammable) and spray it around various parts of the running engine. If it stalls the engine, you've found a vacuum leak.

I encountered this exact phenomenon (P0171 + CEL + blinking cruise lamp) recently following a JDM swap. From what I have read on the internets it can be triggered by totally unrelated things. On my '09 2.5i 5MT SE it was caused by a vacuum leak (as advised by family and LGT members) resulting from a hardened, leaky PCV hose; several clamps from Walmart on the top and bottom remedied the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I replaced those hoses and reset the code, but it came back. I had to drop it back off at the dealership unfortunately I need the loaner to get to work. The hoses I removed though were full of white milky goo and water. I saw that problem somewhere on here. I'll order the whole assembley when I get the car back.

I tried spraying carb cleaner at some of the pcv hoses and nothing happened timothy. I probably did it wrong . I was scared of cathing it on fire!!! Going to see.if I can find a tactrix/btSsm /nexus7 today. Do I just log everything or is there a few areas to concentrate on?

Your right relative4. If the technician had just said oh your boot ripped I'm gonna add it I would of been ok. I know the thing just hit 200k w/o any major problems. It's about time.

Would y'all still do theoil filter banjo removal also? Sometimes I don't even let the oil hit 3k good 4kmax ...

The milky stuffs is moisture in the oil. You need to drive the car more to get the oil hot enough to boil the water out of the oil system.

I have both banjo filters removed, for over 6 years now.

The WRX ej255/257 will work, I have a 2012 STI short block in my 05. They are the same short block.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/trouble-codes-cels-26113.html

heres the service manual,

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The milky stuffs is moisture in the oil. You need to drive the car more to get the oil hot enough to boil the water out of the oil system.

I have both banjo filters removed, for over 6 years now.

The WRX ej255/257 will work, I have a 2012 STI short block in my 05. They are the same short block.

ok so ill have to take it down to the shortblock and add all my 06 stuff on it for it to work?? The new motor only has 70k on it. I was hoping i could swap most of the stuff over w/o having to break it all the way down. I'll check out your links right now. thanks

If the 2011 WRX has the same single acvs it may work as a long block. I know enough to be dangerous, I also know, as you have done, ask on here.

There are a few members that are up on all the kind of stuff, "m sprank" is my main "go to guy". "relative4" is another that's pretty good as a some others.

PM him from his post above.

My click here link in my sig has some good info too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The 2011 has different heads and an air pump that you'll have to delete. Your 06 has B25 heads and the 11 has D25 heads (different chamber shape, different turbo oil feed location).

All you need to do to swap it over is delete the air pump (search subaru air pump delete) and then use your intake manifold setup (fuel rails, injectors, wiring harness, turbo inlet and vacuum lines on the inlet, etc.).

Archived