LegacyGT.com

Goodbye Goodyears! Thanks for 92,880 miles!!

The car was my company car and 95% of the mileage was highway cruising! I guess that helps with the long life! The first set on my 2004 4Runner, previous company car, hit 94k.

As the Legacy becomes my brides car it will mostly see around town duties. I went with Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum. Looking at Tire Racks ratings it ranked 3rd in Grand Touring. The two tires above it were $75 & $85 more and I couldn't justify the cost with the ratings so close.

First impression, the car feels lighter and much nimbler. Time will tell!!

... I went with Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum...

Great tire! I'm going to be sad when they finally discontinue these. Ive used them on my old benz (RIP), my 05 subaru (RIP) and my 07 accord. If they are still around when the gen 6 needs new tires i'll be getting another set :)

Just swapped mine out at 56k. Could have gone another 10k if not for winter

in the northeast approaching. Went with Cooper Zeon RS3 G1. Quiet tire,

decent in light snow and wet. Good ride for a high performance all season.

Will update again after more miles.

balbrec2

Yeah but they were stuffed years ago. Funny how people judge a tyre on how long it lasts as the number one criteria for a great tyre.

Basically if its not worn out its had it after 4 to 5 years. The older it is the harder the rubber gets the longer it is "Road Legal" but the grip level is gone.

Probably Okay if you drive like my mother, she had some tyres on the Honda that were like 12 years old !!!! I think they may have been Goodyear as well.

Hate to see the datecode from the sidewall on those.

Yeah but they were stuffed years ago. Funny how people judge a tyre on how long it lasts as the number one criteria for a great tyre.

Basically if its not worn out its had it after 4 to 5 years. The older it is the harder the rubber gets the longer it is "Road Legal" but the grip level is gone.

Probably Okay if you drive like my mother, she had some tyres on the Honda that were like 12 years old !!!! I think they may have been Goodyear as well.

Hate to see the datecode from the sidewall on those.

Not the only criteria at all for a tire, but when it's on a Subaru Legacy, surely performance isn't on the top of most peoples criteria. My tires only made it four years, but I put almost 80K miles on them in those 4 years. Now, if I'm looking for tires for my Porsche 944 turbo, or Evo, I'm not worried about longevity, but on a commuter car, you better believe mileage rating is close to the top of the list.

Impressive. We are nearly at 40k on our 2017 Legacy and our Goodyears are shot. Outside and insides are nearly bald and we are close to the tread bars across the board. 50/50 highway and city driving. I am sure our "enthusiastic" driving style hasn't helped. Will be upgrading to Continental Extreme Contact DSW 06's next.

Impressive. We are nearly at 40k on our 2017 Legacy and our Goodyears are shot. Outside and insides are nearly bald and we are close to the tread bars across the board. 50/50 highway and city driving. I am sure our "enthusiastic" driving style hasn't helped. Will be upgrading to Continental Extreme Contact DSW 06's next.

I put DSW06's on the Mrs. Forester a few months back and they seem great. Not sure what kind of mileage we will get but nice riding tires for sure.

I put DSW06's on the Mrs. Forester a few months back and they seem great. Not sure what kind of mileage we will get but nice riding tires for sure.

Thanks for the feedback. Anything has to be better than these Goodyears. I have been displeased with them since day one. We had Continentals on our Ford Escape for years and got like 70+k out of them, so I expect better mileage out of them than the LS2's.

My car is almost 12mo old and I have 6,700mi on it (I work from home). If I were to replace mine any time soon, I'd go with the Continental True Contact. I dislike how loud the LS2's are and they're not all that smooth either. But I can't justify the expense...sucks being an adult :spin:

My car is almost 12mo old and I have 6,700mi on it (I work from home). If I were to replace mine any time soon, I'd go with the Continental True Contact. I dislike how loud the LS2's are and they're not all that smooth either. But I can't justify the expense...sucks being an adult :spin:

Same here. Too frugal to try selling the LS2s and getting new ones until the LS2s are at least mostly worn. On the bright side, I'm sure I'll really appreciate a nice new set when I get one.

I hit a pothole with an original Goodyear and the sidewall cracked, at about 10,000 miles. There was enough tread wear that I couldn't replace just one tire. So, I had to get rid of all four (the usual problem with all wheel drive). I bought the world (just kidding) famous Motomaster SE3 all seasons tires, which are secretly made by Cooper. I think the sidewalls are stronger than the Goodyears because the potholes are still on the road and the tires have resisted (Side issue: the "pot" that is now for sale in stores here has no connection to "potholes".). The rationale for buying those was their price and their in-house review. They seem to allow for quick stops, a reasonable ride, and work okay in snow.

When I replaced the Goodyears, I put on the Continental True Contacts. They do great in pretty much all weather.

Archived