LegacyGT.com

I am looking for a new tune for my spec b

I've tried calling tuning alliance. With no answer multiple times now. Where can I get a tune in CT that is reliable. And with out buying the Cobb AP for the ridiculous amount of $650. Is there any other flash or programmer within a reasonable price range? Or dies any one have a Cobb AP for sale that can work with my 07 spec b?

Maddragon07specb

We offer Etuning all across the world via opensource and the cobb ap. I shot you a PM and ironically we just dropped a 10% off halloween special this morning. Use "Halloween2018" at checkout and save 10% till midnight on the 31st.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Again I'm not spending $650 on a Cobb AP. And would like to know if there is a similar product that is cheaper or if the eve can be tuned without a product like that? Or how to unmarry a used AP. Also is there any flash obd2 tuners available for my car that work and not just a resistor hack.

I think in the top of the Tuning Forum there is a sticky that may answer your questions.

You can go open source if your good with a Lap Top and buy the correct cable.

Both Mike or Dave can help you with a Tune, either one of them are the only people I would let tune my cars. I'm a big fan of Mike because luckily for me I just about drive past his house every day. He's just about a 1/8 mile off exit 65 on RT84.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks again Max. Looks like I've got some testing to do before the tune and a cable to buy. How much is a compression test usually. I am no mechanic besides doing my own oil change and brakes. I can turn a wrench but do not know the technical aspects of turbos and compression.

How long have you owned the car?

Have you cleaned the maf sensor and have a clean air filter?

How old are the spark plugs?

All things that will effect the data logging for a tune.

Google how to perform a compression test

Have you zip tied all vacuum hoses ?

Are the two ground wires from the heads to the chassis in good shape?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well - if you are worried about the state of the car and would like a shop to take a look over it - you could talk with the guys @ ESP

http://www.enhancedstreetperformance.com/

That's who Mike recommends - and I can tell from personal experience they'll take care of you! They are not that far - from my house in East Granby - I'm there in a little over an hour.... :cool:

The other good thing is Mike does tuning on their Dyno - so if you drop the car they can look it over and they Mike can swing through and tune it as well....:)

EDIT - And I've had good luck with FaceBook Messenger to get a hold of Mike and the T/A Team - works really quickly for any questions you have - Mike will respond as needed there as well.

Your only other option (besides $650 AP) is a $170 Tactrix Cable (you have a canbus car, don't skimp on cheap knock offs, they wont work!), and then having an open source tuner make you a tune (Cryo seems to fit the bill).

Also absolutely don't waste your time and money on a tune until you get the car in tip top running condition. So things like Spark Plugs, front O2 sensor, Fuel filter, and even MAF should be on your to replace list, especially if you are over 100k miles.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived