LegacyGT.com

JDM Grille and Bumper Help

I just received a JDM grille for my car (05 LGT Wagon) and realized the JDM grille won't fit the USDM bumper. Kind of a dumb mistake but I've had the car for only a few months. I'm looking to get a JDM bumper as well, can anyone point me to the right one? I may also need some new fasteners for the grille as some of the clips were broken or missing.

Sent from my Carrier Pigeon using Tapatalk

You can see the culprit of the grille replacement in my third picture. This new one is taller than the one I have and is lacking one of the mounting holes on the top. A new bumper was in the cards anyway and I was planning on a JDM replacement, but I'm not sure where to look. HKC doesn't seem to have anything right now but I was on ebay and two reputable sellers have BP JDM bumpers. 51006434f290011578cf3d043fe0f6d4.jpg2c9071efef648bb5ffe596d56ed7697e.jpga391872a33778b934b0a956a6c247a4d.jpg4ae30b68f0b5220a28191df3b8a02686.jpg

I'm sure someone with more experienced with JDM stuff will chime in but it kind of looks to me likes it's an post facelift grill...
That would suck. I don't know the difference but I sure hope I can just get a JDM bumper and have it fit.

On the Aftermarket/JDM Swap thread I was told that this grille would fit a 3.0R/SpecB bumper. Is that true? Should I try to get one of those or just return this grille and instead get one that works with a normal jdm bumper?

I have no clue what sort of modifications a 3.0R bumper would require, and I don't want to hack anything up.

the problem if you go 08 09 jdm , post facelift , you need to swap headligh and fenders to fit the bumper .

if you go with a 05 06 jdm bumper then you can swalp only bumper ,also changing front crash bar or cutting yours .

the best if to get the right jdm bumper for you car and the correct grill . so no headeck .

the best is to buy a nose cut , so you have really everything to make it fit .

read more on the jdm thread and you will learn , after will be easy to make you mind .

the problem if you go 08 09 jdm , post facelift , you need to swap headligh and fenders to fit the bumper .

if you go with a 05 06 jdm bumper then you can swalp only bumper ,also changing front crash bar or cutting yours .

the best if to get the right jdm bumper for you car and the correct grill . so no headeck .

the best is to buy a nose cut , so you have really everything to make it fit .

read more on the jdm thread and you will learn , after will be easy to make you mind .

Would a JDM Rev D-F fit my car?

For a USDM '05, Rev A-C is the closest. If you want Rev D-F, you will end up changing headlights, front fenders, brackets, along with the bumper and grill. I don't think hood, but I'm not positive.

I have a Rev A-C JDM 3.0 front bumper and I trimmed my front beam (cut the corners) and picked up the headlight brackets to match along with a zero sports grill. Everything else is my original stuff.

Archived