LegacyGT.com

2019 Legacy

The 2019 Legacy has been announced. I thought it was going to be a new car on the new platform with new engines etc. and no 6 cylinder. Turns out it's pretty much exactly like the 2018. At least that's how it looks to me. I wonder what happened.

Where have you been? The 2019 Legacy was announced about 6 months ago, with very little change from MY 2018. Expect MY 2020 to be a major platform revision, but even that is speculation until the formal announcement by Subaru ... probably at the big auto shows in late Winter/early Spring 2019.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Hmmm. When we bought our 2018 in June we were told the 2019 would be announced in the Fall and would be on the new platform, as I said earlier. I received an e-mail regarding the 2019s the other day and went on the Subaru Canada website and there they were. As I said, I was expecting a new car because that is what we were told; they were still selling the 2018s until quite recently. If the 2019 was announced 6 months ago it somehow escaped the notice of my sales rep and there was no sign of them in any of the promotion or sales material. Bit of a mystery.

Wife just bought a 2019, everyone knows it's the same car as the 2018, no surprise there.

There are spy pics of the 2020 out there already and but for some window and minor cosmetic changes it looks exactly like the previous four years. If the spy pics turn out to be true I'm going to be very disappointed, was hoping for a new car.

I have been told on relatively good authority though, that the Ascent engine will go into the 2020 Legacy. We'll see how accurate that info is in a few months.

Wife just bought a 2019, everyone knows it's the same car as the 2018, no surprise there.

There are spy pics of the 2020 out there already and but for some window and minor cosmetic changes it looks exactly like the previous four years. If the spy pics turn out to be true I'm going to be very disappointed, was hoping for a new car.

I have been told on relatively good authority though, that the Ascent engine will go into the 2020 Legacy. We'll see how accurate that info is in a few months.

I like that they changed the steering wheel controls back to matte finish from the glossy finish in the MY18

Archived