LegacyGT.com

oddness on cars101.com

I always use this site to see pictures of what's new for Subarus as they show up - for some reason, they stopped updating the Legacy info back in 2016 (actually, 2015, since the 2016 page basically says it's showing 2015 until the 2016 models show up). Sort of sad since the site title says all models from 2018 through 1969... should say "almost all models"...

another site that's long gone is zautos.com - used to have pictures of most makes/models (extensive interior and exterior pics, features and options info, etc.) it just went away one day.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing a while back. What a shame.

That site actually helped me to "sell" 2 Subarus to family members, when I needed to help them see and compare specs/options, etc.

(I'm not a car salesman, but the resident "car guy" in the family, and pro-Subaru)

Subaru should actually consider buying that site and updating it.

If it sold 2 more cars for just me, I'm sure it's done the same for many, many others.

Yeah its too bad that website is fading away. It was a great resource. It started fading with the 2016 Legacy and since them with other updates and models. I have used for reference of 5th Gen models and when researching and purchasing my Legacy GT and Outback. The site also has hidden pages with VIN decoders, so one can tell the options each model has as well.

Joe is getting older and has turned his attention to other things. If you notice the outback still gets updated. Bright side to that is mechanically and on the interior (Aside from the trunk in a wagon) are identical.

It fits the opinions from some of the workers at the indiana plant, they feel the legacy will eventually be discontinued since the sales are even eclipsed by the impreza now. That and they are already at max capacity with no real way to expand at the moment, the thought would be they might follow ford and axe the legacy.

We can only wait and see though

That resource was ridiculously handy. If someone who knows him pretty well is willing to reach out to him I will take over the domain, hosting the website, and updating it if he is willing to pass the baton instead of sailing off into the sunset.

I loved what he has put together and I know many others in this community have gotten a lot from it. I like to think that he'd rather see his project live on and enjoy retirement than let it die.

If anyone thinks they can get him on board DM me.

• 1 year later...