LegacyGT.com

2005 LGT. High miles. But...

StubaruSTi

Hey guys and gals.

I am looking to purchase a 2005 Legacy GT for about $4.5k. Super clean. It’s auto. Went to test drive it and it was flawless mechanically and drove incredibly. Great power and boost came on nicely. Tuned on Cobb. (Not sure of details on tune)

Kicker is, 214k miles. However, as of last year he has spent about $4k with receipts of work. Tons of major things done to keep it running tip top. Here are some things listed done recently:

All belts, water pump, tensioner pulley, exh, mani gaskets, new VF52 turbo, upgraded TMIC, coolant hoses, AF sensor, air intake, oil cooler o-rings, spark plugs, cam cap bolts, valve lifters, cam bolts and sprockets, head gasket set, head bolts, harmonic balancer, cleaned and machined cylinder heads, checked for cracks, polished cams.

The things pulls great. No leaks, smokes, ticks or weird noises. Engine bay is one of the cleanest I’ve ever seen. I just wanted to get some input because it’s in incredible shape and you would never guess it had those miles. I’m about to make him an offer on it. But I’m not a pro on the potential lifespans of these engines even with all this work.

I’m going to try and embed pics of the receipts and the car here shortly! Thanks guys.

Ask more about the tune. Hopefully it was protuned with that VF52. Off the shelf tunes by Cobb will not be compatible with it.

I always recommend getting a compression and/or leakdown test before purchasing any high mileage subaru.

Tuning alliance tuned the COBB.

TA is who you want to have tune these cars. Your tune is most likely based off of mine, Mike did my VF52 on the 05 back in 2011.

Find out how long the turbo has been on the car. The longer the better...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived