170? hahah.. I will have to revert back to my typical saying of "not telling"

JL Audio 400x1 Mono Amp

JL Audio 300X4 Amp

JL Audio Wires throughout

JL Audio 10" W6V2 Subwoofer

Focal 165 V Slim Front Speakers and Tweeters

Focal 130CA 5-1/4" Rear Speakers

Custom box for subwoofer and custom mounts for Amps

That is the exact set-up I am doing, except I will be doing JL XR650's for all of the doors instead of the Focals and JL 500/1 amp for the 10W6. How is the bass from the single 10W6 in your sedan? My other car has 2 -12's and 600 watts. A little much, so I wanted to tone it down some, but not too much for my LGT.

The bass can be a little too much depending on what type of music I have in. But, overall its sound great. I am very happy with it.

That's good to hear. Everyone's opinion of what is too much differs, but I would rather pay once and have too much (and dial it down a notch) then pay and wish I had more and have to pay again for more. Since I listen to a wide variety of music, I am sure sometimes it willbe a little too much, other times just right.

170? hahah.. I will have to revert back to my typical saying of "not telling"

JL Audio 400x1 Mono Amp

JL Audio 300X4 Amp

JL Audio Wires throughout

JL Audio 10" W6V2 Subwoofer

Focal 165 V Slim Front Speakers and Tweeters

Focal 130CA 5-1/4" Rear Speakers

Custom box for subwoofer and custom mounts for Amps

do you mean 300/4 and 500/1 amps? The 300/4 amp is 75w x 4, while the 500/1 is 500w x 1.

The bass can be a little too much depending on what type of music I have in. But, overall its sound great. I am very happy with it.

do you have an RBC-1 bass controller installed? The 500/1 is RBC-ready ;)

Guest *Jedimaster*

Turn that David Hassellhoff OFF! :lol:

Ok , one amp is for the single sub and the other is for the mids and highs, thats alot of power for one sub, unless im seeing things...

I ran 850 watts to a single 15W6. It's all about control and headroom, not about loudness.

For the record, the 500/1 is underrated....it spec's out at 500watts but puts out more like 650watts. My PPI PRO-10 needs >400 to do it's best. It's accurate as hell, but not very efficient.

I ran 850 watts to a single 15W6. It's all about control and headroom, not about loudness.

For the record, the 500/1 is underrated....it spec's out at 500watts but puts out more like 650watts. My PPI PRO-10 needs >400 to do it's best. It's accurate as hell, but not very efficient.

If the above is true, and I also end up running a 300/4, do you foresee needing to add a capacitor to avoid the dreaded disco lights? It wuold be close to 1000 watts in my set-up. Can the LGT alternator handle that? Not sure on what the amperage rating for the alternator or the amps are and if a capacitor is necessary.

Thanks,

Neil

Manville from JL is running a 500/1 and a 450/4 on his LGT with stock alternator. As for a capacitor, the JL amps are tightly regulated, meaning they have their own capacitance built in. Shouldn't have a problem....I bought one on clearance, only because it can also serve as a distribution block and it wasn't much more than buying a normal block.

do you have an RBC-1 bass controller installed? The 500/1 is RBC-ready
No.

Rock'n setup Mrs. A.......
Thanks. Great minds think alike!Where's your sub? Same spot?

If you don't mind me asking, how much did that exact setup cost you in parts and labor?

Hmm.. ;) It was a pretty penny.

I wouldnt' want anymore power there. This is certainly enough. Between the stereo, the handling, and the speed, I already have a hard enough time keeping my pants dry!

Children's and Family Photographer http://www.AForgetMeNotMoment.com

No.

want one (if so - PM me)? it's a level control for the sub so you can dial in the right amount of bass. $35 or so from JL dealers

I wouldnt' want anymore power there. This is certainly enough. Between the stereo, the handling, and the speed, I already have a hard enough time keeping my pants dry!

http://images.nasioc.com/forums/images/smilies/bigeek.gif

Archived