LegacyGT.com

Best MPG ever!

Wow....Engine management? If so, running which maps? I drive highway every day & I have tried the Economy map from Cobb. The best I have been able to get has been 25.3 the local interstate limit is 70...I always set the cruise @ 80. Can 10mph really make THAT much difference?
Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Can 10mph really make THAT much difference?

yes... I cant remember what the rule of thumb is, but it's something as outrageous as for every 10mph increase in speed, you double the wind resistance.

I've noticed my MPG drop as much as 8-9 mpg going from from 65mph to 80mph.

Just running stage 2 93 octane. I normally see between 24.9-27 depending on city/hwy mix. I was just amazed how much of a difference the wind helped last night.

Wow....Engine management? If so, running which maps? I drive highway every day & I have tried the Economy map from Cobb. The best I have been able to get has been 25.3 the local interstate limit is 70...I always set the cruise @ 80. Can 10mph really make THAT much difference?

Think of this...

For evey 1mph over 55, your car will use approx 1.5% more fuel for evey mph ( not including wind etc)...so at 80 mph you are using around 35% more fuel.

Read this on Canadian government website somewhere.

No engine mods...70 mph on cruise crontrol...no tail wind. No bullshit. Just driving down from Port Washington Wisconsin to Chicago - on the last 104 miles. As reported in another thread. I have previously seen 32.x mpg at 60 mph on the same road... Sorry but you can do that w/o Cobb's Tuning.

230037599_DSCF0011(Small).JPG.866aeefee98ad94f935f820a8c2d82ee.JPG

Just got back from a 80mile road trip on a fresh tank. 30.9 mpg so far on this tank.....of course this was with a 40mph tail wind ;)

Were you traveling east on RT90 ? Back in 83 we had a Honda Civic FE. One Aug day we got 54 mpg heading east, coming back from MI to CT. There was also a tail wind. Of course that car was 1800lbs with 60HP.

For you to get 30.9 is still amazing.

I find I get better MPG driving from VT to CT then CT to VT. I think it's all down hill coming back from up there. But still I only get 24-25mpg. My be if I slowed down that might help too. lol

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That's exactly where I was driving.... Amazing that a 300+ crank HP car with AWD can still get over 25mpg. Hats off to Subaru engineering!

Were you traveling east on RT90 ? Back in 83 we had a Honda Civic FE. One Aug day we got 54 mpg heading east, coming back from MI to CT. There was also a tail wind. Of course that car was 1800lbs with 60HP.

For you to get 30.9 is still amazing.

I find I get better MPG driving from VT to CT then CT to VT. I think it's all down hill coming back from up there. But still I only get 24-25mpg. My be if I slowed down that might help too. lol

shit i've been getting 16 or 17 mpg per tank.. about 200-220 miles per 13 gallons or something like that. it's awful. but that's because i drive in the bay area (nor cal area)... stop signs everywhere, short blocks, pedestrians that think they own the road.. short freeway part of the commute to work.

I remember seeing a post somewhere from Trey@Cobb stating that the fueling goes from closed to open loop just below 80. I don't recall if the comment referred to his maps or the stock ones.

Forget the fuel economy map for fuel ecomonomy's sake. In my regular commute, it returned completely average results - this is compared to EVERY tank I've run since 9/20/04. YMMV in a commute that's more heavily surface streets. It WOULD make a good winter (or kid) map - lower torque bump = less trouble :)

I am testing the car out starting yesterday, Stage II 1.15 base map 93 oct. Cruise will stay @ 75 instead of 80 if it does not give me @ least 2-3mpg better I'll be going back to my normal driving style;)
Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

thats funny..cause i get the same gas mileage at 80 as i do 55 on a calm day..only i'm getting there 25 mph quicker :)

You're wrong. You think you're right, but you are very wrong. What you are saying is virtually a physical impossibility. Do you drive in a vacuum? Do you drive everywhere with a 25 mph tail wind? Have you ever driven the same stretch, long distance, at constant (or close to constant) speeds of 55 mph and at 80 mph and done a direct comparison?

Archived