LegacyGT.com

Suspension guru’s, chime in...

I drive a 2005 legacy, and I need to replace all 4 struts and springs. Driver side front spring is broken passenger front is close to breaking, rear shocks are COMPLETELY shit. I want something a bit more aggressive then stock set up, but I don’t think I want to have to deal with making adjustments. I want to try to stay close too if not less than $1K.

I went with King springs. Just know this going in, you will decrease the ride quality buy lowering it. Handling will improve but there is a price to pay beyond the expense.

If I was going to do it again I would install Bilstein with Pinks. Someone else can tell you which setup to go with either used JDM or new US market. The Pink springs shipped from Japan are $500. Struts with top hats new will be a bit more. Hi then you are done.

Each thing added to the suspension system to “tighten it up” will increase the harshness of the ride.

Link to my post about Koni with King springs.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/pictures-koni-struts-king-lowering-springs-before-after-pictures-269623.html?t=269623&highlight=Koni+king+springs

Pinks are notorious for being stiffer than some of the aftermarket lowering options. If someone is looking to retain decent comfort over rough pavement, I would look elsewhere.

Bilsteins or Koni's and whatever lowering spring you want.

I find the H&Rs very comfortable as well as excellent in the corners. A perfect balance in my opinion. If you have a wagon, you'll definitely want 1/2" saggy butt spacers.

Sorry if I missed it in the stickies, but can anyone provide a general comparison of Koni vs Bilstein shocks? My stockers will hopefully die soon, waiting for an excuse to upgrade.

I run pinks with my set up now. Not sure what all of the fuss is about the ride being "harsh". In fact, I think they smooth things out compared to OEM set up.

Anyway, H&R, pinks, with Koni or Bilstein will make you pretty happy.

Good luck!

j.

Archived