LegacyGT.com

Non turbo to turbo engine swap

I am new to the Subaru world and I am having a hard time finding a decent Legacy GT in my area. There are a few nice legacy's floating around that need engines. So what I am trying to figure out is if there is a thread I can be directed too or if you guys are able to help me with finding out what's needed to swap the turbo engine into the non turbo body.

All of us will tell you don't waste your time doing this.

Just find a decent GT there are to many differences to make this job simple and not expensive and you still won't have all that a GT comes with.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Your welcome, your the first in a while to ask, but you are not the first by a long shot to ask.

These are not like Honda Civic's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

You could try to find a GT that is solid but maybe needs an engine and buy that for cheap. Then pay 6-8k to have an engine put in.

It's hard to find a "decent" GT these days and even a "decent" one is unfortunately kind of high maintenance at this point, relative to other cars.

You could try to find a GT that is solid but maybe needs an engine and buy that for cheap. Then pay 6-8k to have an engine put in.

It's hard to find a "decent" GT these days and even a "decent" one is unfortunately kind of high maintenance at this point, relative to other cars.

Thanks for pointing that out...especially for those of us with two of them... ;)

Thanks for pointing that out...especially for those of us with two of them... ;)

Indeed.

From another who sourced a second after 3 years with my 1st. Although I had to go for the cousins (Outback XTs) on stilts and drop them a bit. I was looking for a wagons anyway and LGT wagons are very hard to find.

CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com

How about auto to manual conversions ? Any thoughts on that ?

You know the selling price of the car you see? Double it just for the conversion. Not kidding.

Subaru's are like legos, but they are extremely expensive legos. If it's a hobby car that you were going to do a STI 6-speed swap to anyway, already happen to have a full parts car to source the electronics, the auto car has perfect body and interior, and is a wagon it starts making scene. It would have still been much cheaper to buy what you wanted in the first place though.

Archived