LegacyGT.com

my LGT vs my 3.6R

I wasn't sure how to present this thread, but here goes. I helped a friend (and amazing tuner) install his dyno and we threw both of my Subarus on it just for fun and "data".

This is in Denver on a Mustang dyno, so take note that our lower atmospheric pressure combined with a heartbreaking dyno really put a hurt on power in cars.

2017 Legacy 3.6R (solid lines) - stock, 6000 miles, 142awhp, 167 ft lbs

2005 Legacy GT (dotted lines) - e85, BNR16g, etc, 151k miles original engine, 313awhp, 367 ft lbs

2017_Legacy36_stock_vs_2005LGT_e85_overlay_resized.jpg?raw=1

Their is a drastic difference in power, an initial quick glance I thought the dashed lines were torque and the sold lines were HP with different scaling.

I know! Pretty crazy! I should have been more descriptive in my first post, fixed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It would be interesting to compare back to back 0-60 and 0-100 mph accel times for the two cars to see if there really is that much difference that the dyno is showing.

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

That would be interesting to see. I've been wanting to take the 3.6 to the dragstrip, shoot in-car video and then put it side by side with the LGT video to see what the difference looks like.

My latest LGT timeslip shows 0-84.59 in 8.41 sec. If you believe the various online 0-60 from timeslip calculators, that's 0-60 in about 4.23 sec (hard to believe it takes 4sec to go from 60-84mph, although it does take 4.6 sec to go from 84 to 107). I think the 3.6r is 7.0sec to 60 from magazine testing? I'm in Denver so you can sadly add time to that. As a rough rule you can usually add a full second to your 1/4 time in Denver just due to altitude.

I don't know. I saw a Ford forum where a tuner does a before and after with any NA e85 tune on the Coyote motor. He said the lowest he's seen is 7whp, most is around 15hp, mind you that is from 93 octane.

I do think there is probably power to be had tuning for 91 (and tuning the throttle), just don't know if I want to be forced to use premium. The car feels quickish for a family hauler anyway and I'm worried about putting too much grunt into the CVT.

My latest LGT timeslip shows 0-84.59 in 8.41 sec. If you believe the various online 0-60 from timeslip calculators, that's 0-60 in about 4.23 sec (hard to believe it takes 4sec to go from 60-84mph, although it does take 4.6 sec to go from 84 to 107). I think the 3.6r is 7.0sec to 60 from magazine testing? I'm in Denver so you can sadly add time to that. As a rough rule you can usually add a full second to your 1/4 time in Denver just due to altitude.

For your 0-60 of your LGT, it is probably not that far off. It seem plausible from other cars I have had running similar ET's and data logged to get the 0-60 from.

Your 3.6R at altitude 1/4 mile MPH might not be all that far off from LGT 1/8 mph (I assume that you get 8.41 and 84.59mph from a time slip)

Archived