LegacyGT.com

DAM Goals and Knocking on Heavens Door

I spoke too soon.

Went on a bit longer drive today and it all fell apart.

DAM went to 0.125

Feedback Knock -8.0

Feedback knock learn-5.5

Boost at 17.94

I think it’s overboosting. I will check for a hole in the turbo to throttle body connection.

Boost test is the one I have not done yet.

Good news is the fueling is still spot on.

A log including boost target, TD boost error, knock sum, IAM, timing, etc. may help point in the right direction.

A learning view snapshot would also be helpful.

You may want to consider escalating this one from internet forums to hands-on expert assessment.

MAF sensor installed AF/1C was at 7.0 and now it is at .08

Knock is at 0 during WOT pull.

DAM is still at .812 but it needs to calibrate. Here is the file.

Note to all who might read this. If you car has more than 100k on it just replace the MAF. If DAM does not improve I will replace the front O2 sensor as well.

Whew!

datalog5.csv

Sounds like the MAF was the culprit, and as you found, they can go bad before any MIL or other indication. The front O2 sensor is also known to go bad in the same way, so for peace of mind, it wouldn't be a bad idea to swap that out as well. The rear O2 sensor may throw a MIL if it goes bad, but it won't affect the car's operation, and you can disable that MIL and the rear O2 sensor's contribution to the fuel trims via tuning, so it's less of a concern.

Sometimes, I wonder if the MAF itself is fine, but the pins in the connector get mucked up. I know on my LGT, when I fiddle with the wires on the MAF sensor, my intake air metering will change drastically sometimes.

Archived