LegacyGT.com

New to the forum.

If you're looking for a place to do the heads, Thirlby Automotive in Traverse City Michigan does about 40-45 sets of Subaru heads per month. If you're interested in having them done, let me know via PM and I'll send you the information. They've done my machine work for over 30 years with never a single failure.

If you're looking for a place to do the heads, Thirlby Automotive in Traverse City Michigan does about 40-45 sets of Subaru heads per month. If you're interested in having them done, let me know via PM and I'll send you the information. They've done my machine work for over 30 years with never a single failure.

I appreciate the recommendation but that would cost me a pretty penny just to ship. But I’ll keep that in mind. Thank you

Have you investigated the EVAP system yet ?

The same guy has been working on the car since day one and he can’t figure it out. And,honestly,I dont know where to start investigating,which is why I asked you guys. If it is because of always topping it off,how would I even know? I asked my father about it (who is the original owner) and he says “The ECU is defective and burns out the solenoid in the evaporative cannister within the first second after startup. Will need to find a way to send the proper voltage to the sensor so it thinks everything is OK.” I don’t know who told him that,or if this is true but that’s what he thinks. It doesn’t effect the cars performance at all and it’s beem like that for over a decade. I AM FU^>ING STUMPED PEOPLE! only problem is,is that it won’t pass inspection. I have ways around that but I would like to be able fix the problem,rather than paying someone to give me a fake inspection sticker.

In post 18 I linked the service manuals, have you had any luck in there ?

Have you done a google search for the problem ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

In post 18 I linked the service manuals, have you had any luck in there ?

Have you done a google search for the problem ?

Can’t open the links on my phone. As soon as I have acces to a computer I’ll check it out. Or when I have a chance I go buy a service manual.

Archived