LegacyGT.com

2018/19 NFL Thread

BDII

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the Colts upset the Chiefs....their defense can't stop shit and the Colts made the Texans defense look silly, the Andy Reid choke streak continues

Rams over Cowboys

Pats over Chargers

Saints over Eagles

3 out of 4 is not bad.

Chiefs defense looked pretty good yesterday, they are better at home than on the road though.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Patriots vs Saints

Brees V Brady would make for a damn good final game, any of the teams left would be fun to watch in the SB. I really don't care who wins but I picked the Saints to win it all this year, I guess bragging rights are at stake if they can pull it off, not that I care about those either. The Rams are no slouch though, a team loaded with superstars and a great coach on top of it. Should be a tough game for the Saints even at home.

I hope the Saints make it. Then Brees can finally retire. His birthmark will probably play for a few more years though.

Brees is throwing the ball better than he ever has, I doubt he retires win or lose. Brady looks like he aged 5 years overnight, but I bet he doesn't retire either. The difference is one had arguably their best year ever and the other well, didn't.

Brees is entering his 40s... better to go out on top then stretch it for a few more years and become the old guy struggling to make the playoffs.

I agree, if he wins another ring, then why not go out on top, doubt he will though, I bet he plays at least one more year if not more.

Too bad for Brees the refs had a different plan, that was rigged, painfully and obviously so.

Rarely is it true that one single call/no call determines the entire outcome of the game, but in this instance, it most certainly did determine the entire outcome and it is sending the Rams to the SB, paper champions that they are. The Saints were quite literally ROBBED, and it wasn't just the no call, most of the officiating in the entire 2nd half was horrendous and heavily favored the Rams.

I'm turning the NFL off for the year. After that game, I'm just done. I can't trust the integrity of the officiating, and in the 4th QTR of the NFC Championship no less, that was beyond something I can excuse so there is no reason to continue to watch. And for that reason, I'm out.

Too bad for Brees the refs had a different plan, that was rigged, painfully and obviously so.

Rarely is it true that one single call/no call determines the entire outcome of the game, but in this instance, it most certainly did determine the entire outcome and it is sending the Rams to the SB, paper champions that they are. The Saints were quite literally ROBBED, and it wasn't just the no call, most of the officiating in the entire 2nd half was horrendous and heavily favored the Rams.

I'm turning the NFL off for the year. After that game, I'm just done. I can't trust the integrity of the officiating, and in the 4th QTR of the NFC Championship no less, that was beyond something I can excuse so there is no reason to continue to watch. And for that reason, I'm out.

10 years ago, the Saints made the SB because of non-calls. This year they missed it due to non-calls. So karma took a while, I guess. It's nothing new. It's just who's a whiny bitch each year that changes.

Rams and Eagles look great.

Browns will be a bust.

Giants will win all of 4 games.

Rodgers is baaaaaaack.

Who will the Patriots face in the Superbowl?

Patriots vs Rams.

Calling it now

Patriots don't have the defense this year.

Rams Vs Chiefs is more likely.

If the Chiefs can continue playing this good, they’ll be hard to beat on the road.

We’re all anticipating the classic Andy Reid mid to late season collapse. I think they lose to the Rams in week 11 and at Seattle.

To their credit, the Patriots handed the Chiefs their one loss so far this year. It took them a few games but that offense is roaring again and they could still put together a nice year.

I wish the Rams played the Patriots in the regular season this year, that would be a fun game to watch.

Bam! Called that ish!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Reminds me of the tuck rule. At the end of the day, the refs run the show.

True, but it's getting to be a harder pill to swallow these days and replays have only gotten better, so these blown calls/no-calls are put under a microscope on TV and replays show the ugliness for all to clearly see. They need to make these calls/no-calls challengeable like in the CFL, that would help a lot of the problem.

Not that I have a lot of faith in Mcmahon and the new XFL but if they can make a clean league without bulls!t heavy-handed refs that determine the outcome of games, they would earn me as a fan and I would not watch the NFL anymore. I'm about there already.

10 years ago, the Saints made the SB because of non-calls. This year they missed it due to non-calls. So karma took a while, I guess. It's nothing new. It's just who's a whiny bitch each year that changes.

Yeah man I understand but this was really bad, it's just a really bad look on the NFL and the integrity of the game overall. The Saints had a helluva season, Brees had arguably his best year and they finished with the best record in the NFL. To have that stolen away from you because of bad calls, bad referees just tarnishes the game in way that it may not recover from. The Saints deserved to be in the SB. So put an asterisk next to this year because it's now tainted, the Rams don't deserve to be there. It should be Brees Vs Brady, and what a helluva game that would've been.

Well, we'll put an asterisk next to the 2009 Super Bowl too. It's a big who cares. It is what it is, and it's not like it's actually changed.

I would argue 2009 was a bigger asterisk and bigger non-call. Hell, Payton was suspended for a season because of it. If that's not a tainted SB, I don't know what is.

Well, we'll put an asterisk next to the 2009 Super Bowl too. It's a big who cares. It is what it is, and it's not like it's actually changed.

I would argue 2009 was a bigger asterisk and bigger non-call. Hell, Payton was suspended for a season because of it. If that's not a tainted SB, I don't know what is.

yeah, my mind doesn't work that way, I just can't reconcile what just happened, the complete theft of a SB trip for the Saints, with an event that happened a decade ago, besides, the NFL is supposed to be getting better at getting crucial game deciding calls right, not worse. Now whether there has been improvement or not is debatable, but replay technology has gotten better so I would argue that the refs get away with less now days, well, until now. Anyway, I'm out, not watching the tainted aftermath, I'll find something else to do that day. Maybe by the draft I'll have some sort of renewed faith that the NFL will change some things around to prevent officiating disasters like this from happening again, or maybe I'll just watch college next year, who knows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft was charged with two counts of soliciting prostitution in connection with a Florida spa tied to an international human trafficking ring, police said Friday.

The NFL owner was charged with paying for sexual services at Orchids of Asia Day Spa in Jupiter.

The spa was among 10 shut down in the Orlando area, Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast after a several-month investigation revealed women there were in "sexual servitude," according to arrest records.

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/local/2019/02/22/new-england-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-charged-soliciting-prostitution-florida-spa/2939429002/

Archived