LegacyGT.com

2018/19 NFL Thread

BDII

So the Raiders traded Amari for a first rounder, looks like Gruden has given up on the year and is going into rebuild mode early. And Lynch was placed on Injured Reserve due to the groin injury he received while getting swallowed up by Seattle's run defense. I wonder if he has played his last NFL game.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Some of the best regular season games I've seen in a decade were played yesterday, Ravens-Chiefs OT game, then Cowboys-Eagles, also went to OT and the Rams-Bears defensive spectacle. Didn't see the Dolphin-Patriots game, just the highlights but that looks insane as well. NFL is showing back up this year after an off-year. It's like Russell Crow is standing in the coliseum in Roman armor asking us: Are you entertained!? Yes, Yes I was.

Some of the best regular season games I've seen in a decade were played yesterday, Ravens-Chiefs OT game, then Cowboys-Eagles, also went to OT and the Rams-Bears defensive spectacle. Didn't see the Dolphin-Patriots game, just the highlights but that looks insane as well. NFL is showing back up this year after an off-year. It's like Russell Crow is standing in the coliseum in Roman armor asking us: Are you entertained!? Yes, Yes I was.

unfortunately the cowboys-eagles game ended how it ended. Cowboys have just about all but wrapped up the NFC East, a win against the Colts and they've locked up the east. Depends on which Colts team decides to show up, the one who soundly beat the Texans and Titans or the one who lost to the Jets. Then they face a pesky Bucs team in week 16. What would be nice is if the Giants win out and the Cowboys drop the next 2 and it's a winner take all week 17 match up for the NFC East.

Eagles are done, Redskins are done, Giants have been playing well as of late. Sucks they blew a 2nd half lead against the Eagles 3 weeks ago, throw in that freak 62 yard FG against the Panthers, Falcons and Jags games that we should have won and this team would be 9-5 right now. It's a learning curve with a new coach so I look at it 2 ways:

1. Keep winning and gain momentum in to the off season, it's something to build upon with a roster that is 95% new from what was there last year. It was hard to predict how this season would be with a new coaching staff and roster overhaul.

2. Even if we don't win the NFC East, if they can win out and a chain of events happen that aren't unrealistic, they could be a playoff team at 8-8.

Either way I'm happier they've gone 4-1 since the bye week after starting 1-7, you don't want to tank 2 years in a row, fans would be pissed and morale in that locker room would be pretty low, their recent play makes off season development wiser.

Vikings just fired their OC :eek:

That defense tho....Legend of Whom is looking strong, making a name for themselves. No Earl, no Sherm, no Kam, no Bennett...no matter.

But shhhh, we're just a rebuilding, middle of the road defense. See you Sunday, Sherm.

If the Giants win out, they also need:

-The Vikings lose two of their final three games: vs. Dolphins, at Lions and vs. Bears.

-The Packers lose one of their final three games: at Bears, at Jets and vs. Lions.

-The Panthers lose two of their final three games: vs. Saints, vs. Falcons and at Saints.

-The Eagles lose two of their final three games: at Rams, vs. Texans and at Redskins.

-The Redskins lose two of their final three games: at Jaguars, at Titans and vs. Eagles.

all of which isn't extraordinary circumstances. The hardest thing is the Giants winning out, the Vikings will probably lose to the Bears, but losing to the Dolphins or Lions will require a lot of luck.

I could see the Vikings losing to the Bears and the Dolphins, I mean the Bears have the #1 defense, and since the Vikings just fired their OC, they might be in a state of disarray offensively right now.

maybe the opposite, look at Cleveland. They fire Hue Jackson and Baker Mayfield is playing like a stud. Vikings losing to the Dolphins is a tall task, I think the Dolphins got their one miracle for the year sunday :lol:

I also know from extensive experience watching Kirk Cousins play that he can't play a full season. So many times the Redskins would start the season hot under him, then November and December hit and he looks exactly like a backup QB that was called up to start.

Only time he made the playoffs was 2015 when 8-8 won the NFC East (yes it was that bad). 2016 all they had to do was beat the Giants in week 17 to make the playoffs, he threw 5 interceptions, 3 of them coming against back ups in the second half since the Giants rested their starters in the second half for the playoffs. Last year he tanked the week 17 game against a 2-13 Giants team full of replacement players.

The Vikings overpaid him big time, no wonder the Redskins never franchised him.

I said the Vikings overpaid Cousins the moment that contract was announced. When the Redskins franchise tagged him year after year, that tells me all I need to know, that they did not want to invest in him long term, that has to be a red flag to any team that would be interested in signing him. Now they are stuck in a contract where the majority is guaranteed. If they decide to offload Cousins and go in a different direction then it won't be easy. What they should've done is sign Case Keenum to a short term deal and drafted a QB in 2019. The Vikings are close to a good team, they just need a young talented QB they can mold into a franchise QB.

The one good the Redskins did was drive up his value to rip off another team :lol: now the whole league will see he’s not worthy of top dollar pay like a Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers or Eli Manning.

Redskins are another team who can never get a good QB situation. In the 2000’s when they had Clinton Portis they were a QB away from being a super bowl team.

Doubt the Pats will be in the SB this year, I could see the Chiefs going all the way with Mahomes.

I think the Saints will win it all if they can make it past the Rams in the NFC championship, I think the Saints are the better team, better D too and they already beat the Rams so the tie-breaker would go to the Saints for the home field advantage. That Rams secondary has been giving it up all season like a virgin on prom night, their high powered offense keeps them in those close games otherwise their record would be a lot worse than it is. Saints are the most complete team in the league right now.

Do you want to entertain the possibility of another Giants/Patriots super bowl?

IDC who the opponent is.

It always puzzles me when other teams criticize the Patriots Superbowl losses. I'd rather go and lose than not go. At least you had a chance to win.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

You forget Andy Reid really knows how to choke in the playoffs.

Yeah, he had Alex Smith. :lol: I think Mahomes will make the difference in the post season. But the Saints are the wrecking ball, they will ruin your hopes and haunt your dreams. I just think this is Drew Brees' year.

he also had Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick, Deuce Staley, Terrell Owens.....that 2004 Eagles team was too good to not win a super bowl. Based on what I've seen this season when the Chiefs played the Patriots and the Rams, Andy Reid just can't win big games. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers beat them tomorrow night and now they're a Wild Card team.

Personally I'd love to see a Chargers vs. Rams Super Bowl, battle of LA and 2 teams with no fan base because no one in LA wanted either team :lol:

he also had Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick, Deuce Staley, Terrell Owens.....that 2004 Eagles team was too good to not win a super bowl. Based on what I've seen this season when the Chiefs played the Patriots and the Rams, Andy Reid just can't win big games. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers beat them tomorrow night and now they're a Wild Card team.

Personally I'd love to see a Chargers vs. Rams Super Bowl, battle of LA and 2 teams with no fan base because no one in LA wanted either team :lol:

Well, they can have the Raiders now too. They very likely will not be playing in Oakland next year due to the new lawsuit that was just filed and the Vegas stadium won't be completed in time. Raiders are a nomad team right now.

• 5 weeks later...

Some surprises last weekend, definitely didn't see the Bears loss coming at all, Nick Foles is like a magic man or something, and the Colts keep on surprising everyone.

What are your picks for this weekend?

Colts @ Chiefs

Cowboys @ Rams

Chargers@ Patriots

Eagles @ Saints

I think the Colts upset the Chiefs....their defense can't stop shit and the Colts made the Texans defense look silly, the Andy Reid choke streak continues

Rams over Cowboys

Pats over Chargers

Saints over Eagles

I think the Colts upset the Chiefs....their defense can't stop shit and the Colts made the Texans defense look silly, the Andy Reid choke streak continues

Rams over Cowboys

Pats over Chargers

Saints over Eagles

People are already picking the Colts for the SB based on their 2nd half of the season stats. They are certainly a much different team after everything started clicking together. I think the Pats will win too but the Chargers have decent chance, Pats are not the same team this year, Defense is not as good, Offense is not as good. Normally I would say no way because of the home field advantage but I'm not so sure this time.

Saints are still a juggernut but they have cooled off a bit in their last 3 games, Brees hasn't been exactly Brees lately, we'll see if they can snap out of the funk in the post season.

Also the Cowboys already embarrassed the Rams and it was in December too, not that long ago, I would pick the Rams but the Cowboys have a decent shot at it. And LA is not exactly much of a home field advantage.

Archived