LegacyGT.com

2018/19 NFL Thread

BDII

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buccs D line looks pretty scary this year, jaguars should be good again too. Gruden-coached Raiders should be fun to watch. Last year sucked ass, too many injuries, no Rodgers, and a lot of boring games. hope this year is better.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

The Jaguars are a QB away from being the best team in the NFL, their defense will destroy the Patriots this year :lol: :lol: :lol:

Giants will be hard to predict, lots of depth and talent has been acquired this off season in all the spots they needed to address. They'll be competitive again. 2016 they looked good because they played an easy schedule (as did the cowboys), last year was unforgiving and showed despite signing 3 big names on defense, there were still a lot of needs that weren't addressed.

This offseason they drafted a generational running back which they needed, in 2015 they passed on Todd Gurley and 2016 they passed on Zeke for 2 draft busts in Flowers and Eli Apple. Drafted a very good lineman, a very good linebacker, a very good D Lineman, QB pick is questionable but combined with their free agency transactions they've picked up a lot of talent that they want competing for starting spots, Depth Chart has always been an issue in the last 6 years so it will be interesting to see this big change.

For our division, besides the Rams, Vegas is putting Seattle at 8.5 wins, 49ers at 9 wins and I forgot the Cardinals odds but it wasn't great. I think that's about right for Seattle, we may go 9-7 with some luck. The 49ers though....I'm not convinced yet. 3/5 of those Jimmy wins were, well, the last game against the Rams, they (Rams) were resting starters, they beat Texas without Deshaun Watson, I think the hapless Giants was one of those games. Jimmy did beat Jacksonville, that was legit, but the rest of those wins don't impress me. I think the 49ers will be probably be good, but the jury is still out for me, I need to see more.

Giants lost to the niners when jimmy wasn't starting, at that point Mcadoo lost the locker room

Just looked it up, it was the Titans and the Bears, those were the other two wins Jimmy had. I'm just not impressed by that, I need to see Jimmy play Aaron Rodgers, The Rams etc.

Looking at their schedule this year (outside their division), the 49ers play the Giants, Chargers, Chiefs, Cowboys, Packers, Vikings, Raiders, Bears, Buccaneers, Broncos.

Maybe Vegas is right, that schedule doesn't look bad at all....

They won’t be playing the Cowboys, they’re playing the Giants & Bucs in their crossover games. The NFC East plays the NFC south this year. The NFC West plays the NFC North and AFC North

Much love to Cliff Avril who was just released by the Seahawks (Neck Injury), 299 tackles, 74 sacks, 29 forced fumbles, pro bowl, two super bowl appearance with one ring on his career resume. I expect his retirement announcement will follow soon, a shoe-in for the Seahawk's Ring of Honor someday. Going to miss Cliff, a great man both on and off the field.

For our division, besides the Rams, Vegas is putting Seattle at 8.5 wins, 49ers at 9 wins and I forgot the Cardinals odds but it wasn't great. I think that's about right for Seattle, we may go 9-7 with some luck. The 49ers though....I'm not convinced yet. 3/5 of those Jimmy wins were, well, the last game against the Rams, they (Rams) were resting starters, they beat Texas without Deshaun Watson, I think the hapless Giants was one of those games. Jimmy did beat Jacksonville, that was legit, but the rest of those wins don't impress me. I think the 49ers will be probably be good, but the jury is still out for me, I need to see more.

The 49ers are a real wild card. Jimmy G has a lot weapons at his disposal.

I would not be surprised if they win the division.

They will go at least 11-5 with a healthy Jimmy G. Calling it now.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

The 49ers are a real wild card. Jimmy G has a lot weapons at his disposal.

I would not be surprised if they win the division.

They will go at least 11-5 with a healthy Jimmy G. Calling it now.

Rams (13-3 last year) will win division again this year. The 49ers are not going to win the division at 11-5, they are going to have to do better than that. They very well could be a wild card though.

Rams (13-3 last year) will win division again this year. The 49ers are not going to win the division at 11-5, they are going to have to do better than that. They very well could be a wild card though.

I did not say they would win the division at 11-5.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• 5 months later...

If the Chiefs can continue playing this good, they’ll be hard to beat on the road.

We’re all anticipating the classic Andy Reid mid to late season collapse. I think they lose to the Rams in week 11 and at Seattle.

Hopefully Patrick Mahomes will be the difference maker between this team and Andy Reid's other teams in the past. He certainly look a lot better than Alex Smith ever was.

He reminds me a lot of Donovan McNabb when Reid was HC of the Eagles. McNabb didn’t have a huge rookie season like this though.

I can say this much, I enjoy watching Andy Reid’s teams a hell of a lot more when they’re not playing the Giants twice a year.

Patrick Mahomes beat Curt Warner's 20 year old record yesterday for the most touchdowns thrown through the first eight career games. Curt Warner set the record by throwing 21 TDs through his first 8 games while Mahomes threw his 22nd TD yesterday. Damn, that's pretty incredible.

Nor did they last year

To their credit, the Patriots handed the Chiefs their one loss so far this year. It took them a few games but that offense is roaring again and they could still put together a nice year.

I wish the Rams played the Patriots in the regular season this year, that would be a fun game to watch.

Archived