LegacyGT.com

'17 Legacy engine stutters/rough idle

It's only been one time, that I have distinctly noticed it just a few hours ago. When I started up the car and put it into Drive it slightly stuttered, enough for me to say what was that, but not enough time for me to check the RPMs and notice it dropping. About 1-2 minutes after that I stopped to let a pedestrian cross and the RPMs dropped to around 300, bouncing around in that area, and you could hear the engine struggling to keep running. I gave it some gas to accelerate and it went back to normal idle speeds 30 seconds later.

Have any of had any experiences like this before? The car only has 10000 miles on it.

Did this happen recently and in warmer weather? In my old 16 I did have shut offs when stopping but this only happened when the engine was warmed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lot of things going into the engine. Start with easy stuff first: engine air filter, mass air flow sensor, etc. before you start getting into plugs and stuff.

You using top tier fuels or the bargain bin gas?

It's only been one time, that I have distinctly noticed it just a few hours ago. When I started up the car and put it into Drive it slightly stuttered, enough for me to say what was that, but not enough time for me to check the RPMs and notice it dropping. About 1-2 minutes after that I stopped to let a pedestrian cross and the RPMs dropped to around 300, bouncing around in that area, and you could hear the engine struggling to keep running. I gave it some gas to accelerate and it went back to normal idle speeds 30 seconds later.

Have any of had any experiences like this before? The car only has 10000 miles on it.

I would not be concern, did you just start the vehicle? Cold starts has the Trunk Monkey all upset. Once it is at operating temperature he will go back to sleep. I would highly recommend using good quality of gasoline (Top Tier gasoline). If it happens consistently then you have a concern and service technician should take a look.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

I'm using Shell, regular gasoline as the manual states is recommended.

>did you just start the vehicle?

Yes, it was a cold start, ambient temperature around 75-80 degrees. It's only happened once, might be a fluke.

Yes, it was a cold start, ambient temperature around 75-80 degrees...

Huh? That's not a cold start! Try a -30˚ January morning before sunrise. Probably takes the engine a few minutes running to reach 85˚ on those days.

Just kidding! And no help at all.

Archived