LegacyGT.com

Comfortable Tire for Commuting

So I commute 100 miles/day round trip on terrible Oklahoma roads and my current General Altimax RT43s are starting to feel pretty hard with about 55k miles on them.

Just put on Konis with new top hats and I know I will be needing tires relatively soon. I am thinking of going to the Pirelli Cinturato P7 plus tires and going a little bigger to 215/55R17 to add a little bit of sidewall.

Not really looking for a performance tire as I really just commute on a highway for an hour everyday. Just looking for comfort and reasonable longevity.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that's what I have on the Baja, in a 225/60R16 (stock size). No major complaints as far as ride quality other than what I do to myself- I run them at 39 front / 38 rear, which rides a little hard, but they're not bad at 35 all around. I'm not sure if it's the lack of weight over the rear axle or the fact that I'm comparing to my Legacy (which has snow tires), but those tires aren't exactly confidence-inspiring in the snow. If you don't see snow often (or ever), though, I don't think I have anything negative to say about them. I'm trying to burn them off so I can justify using the stock wheels for snow tires and buying a set of Crosstrek wheels for a set of "summer" tires, and based on how little progress I've made, I'd say they should be pretty solid as far as treadwear.

I have installed Nokian A/S Z-line tires. 225/45/17 and I love them.

Best part was the price $55 per tire at Walmart online. I did a review of them in he 4th gen forum page.

Simply put these are on par with any performance tire I have used in the past except full summer tires. Save some money and check them out.

Archived