LegacyGT.com

Quick Question

Hey guys, been searching the forums for quite some time and haven't found my answer. Was wondering if I could fit a 18x8.5 +20mm offset for the front and 18x10 +20mm offset for the rear, on my lowered 2013 subaru legacy 3.6r. If someone could help me out it would be great. :)

Heavily not recommended to run a staggered setup on a symmetrical AWD drive. Even if the diameters are the same, you're putting unnecessary strain on the drivetrain and diffs that can lead to pre-mature wear and breakage.

As for the specific sizes you asked for, 18x8.5 +20 will fit, probably be a bit heavy on the poke though. I'd recommend finding an offset for that size closer to around +30 to +45.

18x10 +20 will almost assuredly NOT fit at all without heavy fender modification including rolling, likely pulling, and definitely needing camber (which our cars do not have adjustable stock, so you'll need adjustable rear lower control arms as well). I would stay away from this size and this general setup overall personally.

Heavily not recommended to run a staggered setup on a symmetrical AWD drive. Even if the diameters are the same, you're putting unnecessary strain on the drivetrain and diffs that can lead to pre-mature wear and breakage.

As for the specific sizes you asked for, 18x8.5 +20 will fit, probably be a bit heavy on the poke though. I'd recommend finding an offset for that size closer to around +30 to +45.

18x10 +20 will almost assuredly NOT fit at all without heavy fender modification including rolling, likely pulling, and definitely needing camber (which our cars do not have adjustable stock, so you'll need adjustable rear lower control arms as well). I would stay away from this size and this general setup overall personally.

Thanks for the quick response, I'm going to try and find the 18x8.5 with a +35 offset for all four wheels.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Try to stick to 18x8.5 +40 or +45. +35 might require a pull/roll.
Dam, was inpatient and pulled the trigger on them. I have my fenders rolled already not sure if there pulled.

If anything I'll give it a slight camber to tuck them in if it's possible

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah 18x8.5 +35 will fit fine all the way around, pending tire size. 245/40 is a pretty good size of tire for that size wheel, but depending how much you're dropped you could lose a bit of sidewall or tire width if you're worried about rubbing, but you should honestly be fine unless you're completely slammed.

My car with 245/45-18 (taller than stock) tires, 18 x 8.5" rims with 30mm offset with 1" lowering springs barely fit (lightly touched) with a roll and pull. I would imagine 35mm with be fine with rolled fenders or slight pull.

Archived