LegacyGT.com

Question for you 6MT members...

So I've been really wanting some floor liners, such as Weathertech or Husky, but I haven't found any brand that are compatible with 5th generation's manual. I guess the liner goes up into the footwell too far and interferes with the clutch.

So, I was wondering if anyone had found any brand that works with the manual, or if anyone has been brave enough to "modify" and make them work. I found a used pair for a really great price, and I'm thinking about the possibility of trying to modify them but wanted to see if anyone had tried something like that before. Obviously it would take away some of the effect of it, but it would still have more coverage than the all-weather stock mats.

Just trim the Weather Tech, it only needs a 1/4" trimmed by the clutch pedal. It will actually work with out trimming the liner but it gets annoying hearing it catch the liner.

exactly this. bought a set recently, trimmed off just a touch where the clutch pedal is and it works great. This is my first time having weathertechs and i will never not have a set again, they're so worth it.

Years ago, I was prepared to do the snip-snip on my Weather Tech FloorLiner, but found that for some reason, it was not necessary. No clutch pedal problem in 6 years. Best floor mats I have ever purchased.

I paid 100 for front and rear thru a local guy on this forum, they were pretty much brand new. Small trim for the clutch pedal.

I paid 75 for the ones I picked up locally for the Fozz. Again, both front and rear. Used for a year or 2 but in excellent condition.

I looked up weather tech for my 2000GTL unfortunately they don't have liners but they have (rubber) all weather tech floor mats that u custom fit by cutting with scissor's, front, rear and trunk $90 brand new really... awesome deal!!! But I'd rather liners

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I had the Subaru all weather floor mats on my 2.5i, I would get quite a bit of salt/dirt on the dead peal and on the sides of the floor carpeting. The WeatherTech's that I have on my GT have eliminated 95% of the salt/dirt on my floor carpeting and will make spring clean up a breeze. I would purchase them again in a heartbeat.

Just got a set of Husky for my wife's 18 impreza ... I bought my weathertecs(12lgt) in 2012 so they are 6 years old, I don't know if quality has improved but I'll be ordering a set of huskies for my car when my weathertecs give up..... The huskies even have a little door to protect the gas lever...

The weathertecs are fine but after a couple years you'll notice the "walls" start collapsing on themselves... also they cover the carpet well, but the huskies just do it better.......Like they give about 1/2" more on the height of the walls and the material is just much more sturdy like I had trouble bending the carpet to get it in the drivers seat (I just had to push the seat all the way back, where as with the weathertecs I sort of just fold them to get them in.)

Archived