LegacyGT.com

Any way to fix this?

I got my windows tinted few weeks ago, noticed the tint shop burned the window rubber seals, they ordered he parts and got it replaced this last week, today I was looking at my window vinyl and noticed these scratches, took it to the tint shop and they said they can’t really buff it out, he said he will call the dealership and see if there is anything he can do to get the part replaced.

I feel bad, but here is the image, if you had a brand new car you might be upset too:

https://imgur.com/a/vL6EC

I really don’t feel like having them try to fix his again and then risk them damaging something else lol!

Unacceptable to get a car returned with damage that wasn't previously present. Hopefully they rectify the situation. I don't know your situation but make sure you do your research when having work done on your car for any reason. The guy that did mine was tinting a brand new z06 when I dropped my car off. I had no worries at all.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Unacceptable to get a car returned with damage that wasn't previously present. Hopefully they rectify the situation. I don't know your situation but make sure you do your research when having work done on your car for any reason. The guy that did mine was tinting a brand new z06 when I dropped my car off. I had no worries at all.

It was a referral from the dealership that’s the worst part of it. The sales guy referred me to this guy...

They do vinyl wrap at their shop, from the videos it looks like it’s a major PITA to replace it, but boy this is making me a bit sad. They had great yelp reviews too...

Mistakes happen even with the best of shops. Having said that I'm with securityguy in that they need to do whatever it takes to make it right.

They should do what ever is necessary to make it right and, regardless of whether it is a PITA to replace, they will have to pay the dealer or a body shop to do exactly that.

I see, sucks because having them fix those stuffs might cost them more than what I paid to have my windows tinted ($275).

I took my car in when I got it and got it back in the SAME condition... most tint shops cut the tint using the outside of the window as a template and then apply it using soapy water and then squeegee it out. takes 2-3 days for tint to stick to window in average weather.

what there they heat gunning your car for? there is no window on the Legacy that requires it

I took my car in when I got it and got it back in the SAME condition... most tint shops cut the tint using the outside of the window as a template and then apply it using soapy water and then squeegee it out. takes 2-3 days for tint to stick to window in average weather.

what there they heat gunning your car for? there is no window on the Legacy that requires it

Should look up videos on tints shop using heat guns.

Tint shops use a heat gun when installing tints and if they are too close to the edges they can damage the rubber at the bottom.

It’s an issue hey recognized and fixed it. But when they replaced the rubber they managed to damage my vinyl window trim b-pillar on both sides.

Heat guns should only be used on severely curved glass to get the tint to conform.

I am not a tint expert, all I know is a heat gun was used and they damaged the rubber which they replaced without any hassle. The problem now is when they went to take off the clips they damaged both of my b-pillar window vinyls.

I am not a tint expert, all I know is a heat gun was used and they damaged the rubber which they replaced without any hassle. The problem now is when they went to take off the clips they damaged both of my b-pillar window vinyls.
Unfortunately, you are as much of an expert as the installer was. 0 heat used for my application. I bet the material they used is crap as well. Good luck, OP

Unfortunately, you are as much of an expert as the installer was. 0 heat used for my application. I bet the material they used is crap as well. Good luck, OP

Not sure, the tint was the top of the line suntek tint which I hear it’s pretty good. They are an authorized suntek dealer.

But again, I don’t know why some folks use heat guns...otherwise the tint turned out fine.

Should look up videos on tints shop using heat guns.

Tint shops use a heat gun when installing tints and if they are too close to the edges they can damage the rubber at the bottom.

It’s an issue hey recognized and fixed it. But when they replaced the rubber they managed to damage my vinyl window trim b-pillar on both sides.

hence the comment " there is no window on the Legacy that requires it" I have had 4 cars tinted including a 2002 Acura CL-S and a 1998 Accord Coupe, both having windows that are more curved and no heat gun required.

they damaged the rubber which they replaced without any hassle. The problem now is when they went to take off the clips they damaged both of my b-pillar window vinyls.

As much as it sucks to have a damaged/ scratched up new car, I would just get an estimate to vinyl wrap those trim pieces or replacement parts estimate for those and take it to the tint guy and ask them to compensate you that amount for damaging your car and call it a day. just keep the money for the trouble caused.

You don't want to end up in a situation where they replace those pieces and scratch something else pulling those off, things may not align perfectly as they did at the factory. You start getting other noises, or if those are glued on, its not going to stick right. you will just be going in circles and stress out.

The scratches you got don't look too too bad. And you'll eventually get some any way with use on the exterior. part of the life of the car. unless its going to be a show car going from garage to show to garage, its only a matter of time.

You may disagree with my chain of thought, but just my .02 :)

As much as it sucks to have a damaged/ scratched up new car, I would just get an estimate to vinyl wrap those trim pieces or replacement parts estimate for those and take it to the tint guy and ask them to compensate you that amount for damaging your car and call it a day. just keep the money for the trouble caused.

You don't want to end up in a situation where they replace those pieces and scratch something else pulling those off, things may not align perfectly as they did at the factory. You start getting other noises, or if those are glued on, its not going to stick right. you will just be going in circles and stress out.

The scratches you got don't look too too bad. And you'll eventually get some any way with use on the exterior. part of the life of the car. unless its going to be a show car going from garage to show to garage, its only a matter of time.

This is the most sensical post of the thread. Do as he suggests for the best outcome.

I was thinking about this, unless they pay the dealer body shop to do it I might just tell them to just put a wrap on top of it, if they do two I’ll have them do all 4 so they look the same.

My 2010 subie Legacy still looks fantastic because I take care of my cars. I’m just bummed but I think I’ll get over it.

Archived