LegacyGT.com

To Sell to Forums or Private or Dealer? - 3.6r Pricing Opinions

In the next couple of months, I will need to relocate for work and unfortunately, will need to part ways with my 2010 Legacy 3.6r Premium. I am in PA.

I wanted to ask the forums opinion (or interest) on the best way to pass on the Legacy :rolleyes:

It will have about 80-81k miles on it, I am the 2nd owner since about 30k.

Some parts on it that I would remove if selling to a dealer, but would include if a private buyer liked them as much I did!

- Takeda Air Intake

- 3.6r Magnaflow Dual Exhaust with custom added inline resonator

- 3/16" Primitive Rally Skid Plate

- Upgraded rear sway bar (will add details)

- Stainless steel brake lines

- HID headlights

- LED interior upgrade

- Cryo treated rotors

- Fumoto Oil Plug

All routine maintenance (oil, brakes, etc) with high end fluids and parts has been personally performed by myself (with the help of this forum) or the Subaru dealership.

Personally, I would say it could use a fresh coat of paint as I have enjoyed driving this car on many long road trips, braved the North East blizzards and have parked it outside for the past few years due to a lack of available garage. It has never been in an accident.

Besides that, the car runs like a champ. I love driving it and wouldn't sell it if I didn't have to. I was planning on getting an aftermarket tune this year to really take advantage of the intake and exhaust but my change of plans could be some one else's opportunity!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it sure seems like selling on the forums route may not be a bad plan. I'd avoid selling to a dealership if at all possible, I can't imagine they'd try very hard to give you a good price since you presumably wouldn't be buying anything from them. If you're going to be buying another car after you relocate, it might be worth looking into having it shipped- you'll likely spend less in shipping costs than you'd lose by selling and re-buying.

That said, if this takes a hard turn toward being a sale thread, one of us mod types will have to come through and either delete a bunch of posts or move the thread over to the Member Classifieds.

Archived