LegacyGT.com

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so, first off, my new machine guy is awesome. he will get my business entirely moving forward.

turbo is good other than the standard VF wastegate crack. 2 of the valves were leaking like a mofo, but otherwise looks good. he's going to do a full valve job on them for me anyway. cute the seats and valves, clean the heads, and bench set valve lash. $250 in labor plus parts. cant beat that! it'll probably take him two weeks since this is a spare time thing for him, but i'm ok with that. gives me plenty of time to clean the crap out of the car and get the engine parts nice and shiny again to put back together.

• 2 weeks later...
Family first, work second, running/driving car third, Subaru fourth. :spin:

My current situation.... Hopefully this continues to be a easy fix for you (OP).

Love, it's what makes a Subaru a Subaru :rolleyes:

Man I hate this saying actually. Sounds so cheesy.

I prefer "confidence in motion" or something like that. But that love thing....

Whenever I hear that I picture a build thread and the "They lived" as part outs.

I can't access this site from work anymore. Apparently it is now categorized as a 'game' for whatever reason. My admin says something changed on the LGT.com server and is triggering controls at work. No policy has changed. That said, ill try to post some pics at some point.

I can't access this site from work anymore. Apparently it is now categorized as a 'game' for whatever reason. My admin says something changed on the LGT.com server and is triggering controls at work. No policy has changed. That said, ill try to post some pics at some point.

My job is like that at times,Amazon yes but no eBay. No Facebook but yes to YouTube.

So i got everything installed. Timing belt, accessories, et al. Figured i would check valve lash just in case. 14 of 16 valves are too tight. Machine guy said it should be fine because the,clearance will change after it heat cycles since the valves and seats were just cut. Does that sound right? I would think the spec would get tighter

mmmh. Again, I am not an engine builder but these 0.004 inch clearances on the exhaust side (0.10 mm) make me a bit worried. I am pretty sure it will run, but given the fact that the clearance will probably decrease a bit on the exhaust side, it may get worse quickly. 0.10 is pretty far from 0.30mm (lower bound of exhaust valve clearance). Your call though.

As an fyi, I was getting misfires with one exhaust valve that had 0.04mm/0.0015" clearance.

yeah, they scare me as well. The master tech said it would be fine, so i'm gonna roll the dice. like i said, I'll recheck them all at the first oil change. motor is going in the car tomorrow morning. I'd do it tonight, but i'm slightly intoxicated at the moment.

my buzz wore off, so i decided to prime the engine and get the accessories bolted on. ran in to an issue.

look at the first picture. the yellow circles indicate the where the bolts go for the alternator bracket. I had assumed the green circles indicate where the A/C compressor bracket goes. but if you look in the second pic, the alternator bracket covers up that hole and in the third picture, the A/C compressor bracket doesnt have a place to bolt in to that hole anyway.

so the question is, what goes in that hole? it's threaded, so something must screw in there. I looked at my EJ255 and it looks a bit different on the A/C side of things.

bgolts.thumb.png.f6caf098e5dee203277cc19dc068d438.png

covered.thumb.png.107a496695a7c208f6861c7640e48914.png

wtf.thumb.png.5647db9db79f54d6e1f046a83ae3d230.png

Archived