LegacyGT.com

My dealer sucks!!

I see most are hung up about my feelings of mileage before delivery but I see very few responses to the overall complaints of poor service. I’ve even been called a troll lol. Funny thing is Subie USA agreed with everything I complained about which is all that matters really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One naive belief doesn't necessarily make the entire post nonsense.

After all, I once believed all people who bought Subarus were smart.

He didn't come on and ask if it was normal, he came on and accused the dealer of being dishonest because of it.

I spent over 10 years dealing with people like that as a tech, I stand by my 2 sec assessment. If I'm wrong oh well, but I'd rather steer clear of the BS that comes with those types.

So exactly where did I not clarify that the mileage was least of issue? Go ahead and have your moment hung up on being angry someone doesn’t look at things the way you do, yes this is my first brand new fully paid car that I purchased with my hard worked for money. What’s next attempts to dis me because of that and cost of the car? Did I not list plenty of other issues showing carelessness by the dealer? End of day you don’t matter and are not helping me with anything. Trust I won’t be going much further with this post and to those who have shown a little understanding or expressed similar issues I thank you. I’m not one to try to overly impress others or to follow trends so no need to give anymore energy to this.

So exactly where did I not clarify that the mileage was least of issue? Go ahead and have your moment hung up on being angry someone doesn’t look at things the way you do, yes this is my first brand new fully paid car that I purchased with my hard worked for money. What’s next attempts to dis me because of that and cost of the car? Did I not list plenty of other issues showing carelessness by the dealer? End of day you don’t matter and are not helping me with anything. Trust I won’t be going much further with this post and to those who have shown a little understanding or expressed similar issues I thank you. I’m not one to try to overly impress others or to follow trends so no need to give anymore energy to this.

Are you 12? Did you seriously think that they build a mass produced car and have a phalanx of Egyptian slaves hand carry the car off the assembly line to the storage lot, to the transport truck, to the dealer reception area, to the sales lot?

The fact that you thought that a car with 11 miles on the odometer was some kind of legitimate issue to highlight and that you chose to lead off your OP with that says a lot.

You started this thread with a valid concern; it seems like that people have answered that it is expected that the car has between 6-15 miles on it at time of delivery, brand new. Miles will be added on because of internal quality assurance testing, and the moving from lot to staging area (flatbed, cargo container, whatever), and then to the point of delivery. From there, the car needs to be moved to the dealer prep area to get ready for delivery. Therefore, your initial "disgust" with a car with 11 miles seems to be unwarranted. However, it appears you have the knowledge for the future about why this is so.

I think the learning experience from this whole post is that unless your car has 20-30-40-50 miles on it, it's clear that this was not a "tester" or "demo" car.

For your service needs, I strongly advise you to find a dealership you are more comfortable with. I shopped around 3 different dealers before I found the one I like and use for everything outside of oil changes. You, as the consumer/customer, have the power.

Garavel Subaru in Norwalk. Hands-down my best experience with a Subaru dealer, and I made multiple visits there over a 2 year period.

I travel through the entire state of CT for work, and I've had the opportunity to stop at a few different dealers in CT and Long Island.

I can easily rank Garavel at the TOP, of over 7-8 dealers I have been to over the last 6 years.

It was also really important to me to get a brand new car with under 10 miles. (no demos) I picked out my car from a storage lot, where it just came off the truck.

It had all of the plastic on it and in it from the factory, and...3 miles on the ODO.

I had the dealer put it in writing in the contract, not to exceed 5 miles (as they needed to drive it to their shop for dealer prep, and to the gas station to top off with fuel).

The salesman happily agreed.

You started this thread with a valid concern; it seems like that people have answered that it is expected that the car has between 6-15 miles on it at time of delivery, brand new. Miles will be added on because of internal quality assurance testing, and the moving from lot to staging area (flatbed, cargo container, whatever), and then to the point of delivery. From there, the car needs to be moved to the dealer prep area to get ready for delivery. Therefore, your initial "disgust" with a car with 11 miles seems to be unwarranted. However, it appears you have the knowledge for the future about why this is so.

I think the learning experience from this whole post is that unless your car has 20-30-40-50 miles on it, it's clear that this was not a "tester" or "demo" car.

For your service needs, I strongly advise you to find a dealership you are more comfortable with. I shopped around 3 different dealers before I found the one I like and use for everything outside of oil changes. You, as the consumer/customer, have the power.

Thank you, I truly respect your response.

Something I find true in life, in so many ways, is..... expectations.

Yes, expectations.

If you EXPECT something but don't ever communicate it until AFTER the fact, you often only have yourself to blame.

This is what contracts/bill of sale are for when buying a car.

This also relates to dealer service depts.

We don't all have the same expectations when going to the dealer for service.

The little old lady probably wants things simple and cheap. She probably isn't looking for an in-depth technical explanation on any of the repairs.

The guy with the WRX STI, who is having upgrades or say, tuning or engine work done, may be willing to pay more for additional labor to make something perfect, and he is ALL ABOUT the technical discussion.

If you can communicate your expectations up front, to the service rep/salesman/etc, this may be helpful for both of you. It can also be a good negotiation tool, but that's another long thread....

Bought our 2016 Legacy with 32 miles on it...Yeah, it had been test driven and sat on the lot for awhile but I drove it, liked it so bought it...As far as dealer service, I'm going now to my third dealer for service...Although I'm out of regular warranty range, I did buy the extended warranty as this is my first Subaru ...Original dealer was great on the sale but lousy on service, second dealer messed up the Legacy after a simple four wheel alignment and drive belt replacement by scratching the car on both sides and less than acceptable repaint jobs...So now I'll try a third dealer....I think you got to got to go to another dealer...If SOA is suggesting you to try another dealer, take the suggestion...I did the first time I contacted them and I will this time around...Good luck and try to enjoy your Subie....

If you can communicate your expectations up front, to the service rep/salesman/etc, this may be helpful for both of you. It can also be a good negotiation tool, but that's another long thread....

I agree 100%. I go into the service department with a list of things I want done, and things I don't want done, and I've always noticed that when the car is ready, they take their time in going over what they have done, rather than just handing over the keys and saying "see you later."

Archived