LegacyGT.com

07 Spec B 6mt OEM clutch replacement part number?

shinjyo

Hi, I would like to replace my clutch since it starts slipping recently. Car is 2007 LGT Spec B. Planning to replace clutch, flywheel, PP, and TOB. Not needed for aftermarket upgrade as I only run it pretty much stock except a cobb intake+tune. I see that many places say STI parts will work directly on the spec B tranny. I would like to confirm which year of STI clutch kit will work? Is 2004 to 2007 or 2008+ STI works? I tried on rallysportdirect but it stated it doesn't fit my car. Attached is the link: https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/single-disc-clutches/exe-fjk1000-exedy-oem-replacement-clutch-kit

I really appreciate if anyone can guide me to the right part number may be?

Also, while you are in there, I believe you will also replace rear main seal and oil separator plate (anyone know if we have a metal or plastic plate from stock?). Anything else I have missed?

Thank you!

ok, I will answer my own question. 2004+ STI clutch kit and flywheel will work on my 07 Spec B 6mt tranny.

I decided on OEM excedy sti clutch kit with oem flywheel. will report back the driving feeling once installed.

I decided on OEM excedy sti clutch kit with oem flywheel. will report back the driving feeling once installed.

This is the exact combo I have, I love it. Light pedal feel, easy to modulate the clutch and still holds plently of power!

• 1 year later...
ok, I will answer my own question. 2004+ STI clutch kit and flywheel will work on my 07 Spec B 6mt tranny.

Any update on this? Thinking of doing the same thing.

Driven with the new clutch and flywheel for almost a year now, around 6000 miles. It was great, weight is normal to me, not too hard not too soft. The clutch grab and engage great. Perfect for daily drive and sit in LA traffic for an hour or two. But if you have more power and want to do frequent tracks, I suggest you go something stiffer.

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to figure out what clutch and flywheel I should get for my 07 spec B at the moment.

I was considering going with a stock setup but I drove my friends wrx with a stage 2 for his 5 speed and the pedal and engagement felt like my spec b. The clutch itself launched the car so hard so it was a great mix of both comfort and performance.

Just not sure if that would be the same for the spec b if i got a stage 2.

Driven with the new clutch and flywheel for almost a year now, around 6000 miles. It was great, weight is normal to me, not too hard not too soft. The clutch grab and engage great. Perfect for daily drive and sit in LA traffic for an hour or two. But if you have more power and want to do frequent tracks, I suggest you go something stiffer.

You went with the 2004 oem exedy clutch and flywheel? Is the 2004 sti flywheel dual mass like our spec b flywheels?

You went with the 2004 oem exedy clutch and flywheel? Is the 2004 sti flywheel dual mass like our spec b flywheels?

From my understanding, the STI OEM flywheel is not dual mass like spec B. I got the complete OEM STI clutch/flywheel/PP for the replacement, so I don't have to deal with dual mass flywheel issue.

• 1 month later...
Hi, I would like to replace my clutch since it starts slipping recently. Car is 2007 LGT Spec B. Planning to replace clutch, flywheel, PP, and TOB. Not needed for aftermarket upgrade as I only run it pretty much stock except a cobb intake+tune. I see that many places say STI parts will work directly on the spec B tranny. I would like to confirm which year of STI clutch kit will work? Is 2004 to 2007 or 2008+ STI works? I tried on rallysportdirect but it stated it doesn't fit my car. Attached is the link: https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/single-disc-clutches/exe-fjk1000-exedy-oem-replacement-clutch-kit

I really appreciate if anyone can guide me to the right part number may be?

Also, while you are in there, I believe you will also replace rear main seal and oil separator plate (anyone know if we have a metal or plastic plate from stock?). Anything else I have missed?

Thank you!

The clutch kit link that you included, is this what you bought?

I have a 2008 Legacy Spec B and am in dire need of a new clutch ASAP.

Long story short, Rock Auto sent me the wrong part# so I'm currently driving a rental until I can get a new clutch installed and having trouble identifying which one will work.

If that clutch kit in the link is the correct one for 07 and 08 Legacy Spec B's, I'm all over it.

Any help would be appreciated!

• 7 months later...

Just to revive this thread.

Looks like you need to a complete clutch package FW to TOB for a STI, it will fit into the Spec B.

I've been looking around the web. I see Summit Racing has a Spec Clutch 2+ SU303H for $656.10

Been looking for a STI FW, found MAPerformance.com # SUB12310AA410, which I believe is the current OEM STI FW for $309.55

I like the Spec 2+ clutch in my 2005 GT Wagon.

Also found a Exedy Pro clutch kit on Amazon with a ACS FW and Exedy FJK1000 for $528.74

Just found this STI FW $211.17 https://www.subarupartsource.com/oem-parts/subaru-flywheel-12310aa410?origin=pla&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxOm8isT35gIVzJ6zCh2Y9QF_EAQYBSABEgJfi_D_BwE

Oh just opened that full page on subarupartsource.com it shows the FW fits a Spec B.

This page here shows all parts for the 6mt, https://www.subarupartsource.com/v-2008-subaru-impreza--wrx-sti--2-5l-h4-gas/clutch--clutch-and-flywheel

Anyone else have any input ?

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 3 years later...

Looking into this for my '07 spec.B with build date 12/2006 now.

If I understand correctly:

- 12310AA410 is the correct part number for the OE single mass flywheel for the '07-'08 (and maybe '09 but I'm not positive) spec.Bs and for the '04-'21 STIs.

- 15803 for Standard (up to 321 ft/lbs) or 15803HD for Heavy Duty (up to 472 ft/lbs) are the part numbers for the Exedy Stage 1 clutch kits to go with that flywheel for the '04-'21 STIs and '07-'09 spec.Bs.