LegacyGT.com

MY18+ Map Update Issue

Nope...pretty much the same identical vehicle except one is a sedan and the other a wagon. Mechanicals are 99%+ the same but the OB rides higher. When sitting inside, you would never be able to tell which one is which unless you looked back and saw the hatch area.

The ride height is significantly different. You'll know the minute you sit in the drivers seat (or the passenger for that matter).

• 6 months later...

Just finished the update. No problems with the download using the Windows down-loader from the subaru-maps update site. I think it decides how much to download based on your VIN, mine was about 11GB. Copied to a new 32GB Lexar drive. I don't think the drive needs to be new and unused because the down-loader program reformats the drive anyway. The download was slow, took hours, because I live in a rural area with slow Internet. Once downloaded copying the data to the Lexar thumb drive only took 10 or 15 min.

This morning I plugged the drive into one of the two front USB ports, I don't think the two in the back will connect to the head unit so they wouldn't work for this. It came right up and told me again I would lose my presets and to leave the car running for the update. I did loose the AM and FM presets but the SXM was still there. You don't need to leave the car running, just use accessory. I did put a battery minder on just in case, probably not needed.

After about 15 min it said it was done and my system did not need to be updated. I think this was because I still had the thumb drive plugged in and the system was telling me I didn't need to update again.

Archived