LegacyGT.com

What oil should i use? 07 LGT

I recommend motor oil, some people have had success with vegetable oil. If you decide to go that route just stay away from Canola.

Really though Motul Xcess 8100 or Rotella T6 are the preferred choices around here. It's more important to keep it topped up and changed regularly than it is to chose the right oil though.

Brought to you by Pfizer

I recommend motor oil, some people have had success with vegetable oil. If you decide to go that route just stay away from Canola.

Really though Motul Xcess 8100 or Rotella T6 are the preferred choices around here. It's more important to keep it topped up and changed regularly than it is to chose the right oil though.

As Dishwasher pointed T6 and Motul are preferred choices. I am currently testing Schaeffers 9000 5w40. By testing I literally mean just that, I've already sent a sample of Motul to Blackstone labs and I'm currently running Schaeffers oil. Which I will also send a sample of to test.

This cannot be said enough, I check my oil every time I get gas. This is a very good habit to build, learn to see how oil ages and burns off in your car. Check the color, viscosity, and smell. Most gas stations conveniently have paper towels out there too.

As for me I have been using the T6 for the last 60k miles with no complaints. I would always pick a thicker oil over thin. I also use the OEM Mazda RX8 oil filters, same filter with higher capacity. I also drag a high power magnet in a sandwich bag through my oil to check for any irregular metal pieces.

• 2 weeks later...
No expert here, but I noticed a huge improvement in switching from Mobil 1 5w30 to Motul Xcess 8100 5w40. Runs smoother, holds viscosity, and burns way less. And maybe I'm weird, but it smells a lot better than the cheap stuff when you go to change it haha.

+1 for Motul. Car warms up quicker, burns less oil and runs smoother than whatever the previous owner had in her. But like others have noted, branding counts for less than regular intervals and fill-up checks. Keep her wet if you want to keep her. Pun intended.

I'll be posting my blackstone results once I get the one for Schaeffers back. I'll give you this, at 3000 miles Motul still had a tbn of 6.8

Blackstone suggested I go to 4,000 mile intervals, which I won't do at least for now.

Archived