LegacyGT.com

Now what? Intermittent flashing CEL and AWD light when coming to a stop

Man this just sucks a nut... Had my transmission replaced at 40K and now this has happened three times since I got the car back within 4K miles

come to a stop and car wants to choke out and stall CEL and AWD flash a few times quickly and then car recovers....

Now at this point I am already peeved that the local dealers are NPF when it comes to how long it took my car to warm up. (I had to fix that myself). So my question is will this data be in memory on the car? I was unable to see any historical codes with my data scanner.. I am off to Subaru tomorrow so I need to know how they can get the data.

Thanks,

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get out your can of ether and start wiggling things, sounds like that could be an intermittent vacuum leak, or a leak in the intake downstream of the MAF sensor. Any chance you're able to see how long those spikes last, and do the long-term trims look out of whack?

Could also be a fueling issue, I suppose, maybe something's causing you to briefly lose fuel pressure. That's a bit of a reach, though.

Archived