LegacyGT.com

Wheel and tire size questions

I’ve been lurking around for a week and can’t seem to find my answer.

I have a 2013 legacy 2.5 with stock suspension. I’m 98% sure the wheels are

18x8 5x100 34 offset with 235/40/18 tires. I want to get some 225/50/18 tires. Will I have any issues running those? Thanks for helpful comments!

That tire size will be overall slightly taller (and thus fill up the wheel well a bit more visually), and have less sidewall bulge over the existing tires. Here's a good visual example from willtheyfit.com:

dvGOFTs.png

You shouldn't have any issues running those on stock suspension, I run roughly that same total diameter on both my winter (225/55/17) and summer (245/40/19) sets, and clear just fine.

I have stock tire size 225/45-18 on a 18" x 8" rim. They don't look stretched at all. A taller tire would look better on the stock suspension. In terms of the getting a taller size, you may want to just think about if you plan on lowering your car in the future and what fitment that you are going for.

I have 225/50/18 on stock GT wheels with 25mm spacers and they're fine. I haven't tried them without the spacers. My thought is that if anything, you could have an issue with fouling the strut, but that seems unlikely due to your offset.

I think you're fine, but I'm no expert and I don't have direct experience with that setup. 235/45/18 would be closer to stock.

I ran 225/45/18 on my Mazdaspeed6 with 18x8 rims, they basically looked flush with the rim. But, brands may vary. Mine were Nitto Motivo. On my 3.6R I run 235/45/18 on 18x8 Konigs and they meat out a little more. With either setups avoid curbs.....

Archived