LegacyGT.com

RFRB grille mounting

What are some ways people fit JDM grilles on USDM legacies? I recently bought a RFRB194f2708caa3c85d59ee50534250fbd7.jpg facelift grille and it doesn’t use the clips on USDM models. I was thinking about using a file to chance the shape of the holes from a circle to a square in order to use the USDM clips. Any thoughts? Is there a standard protocol for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i use zip ties lol

This! Or with my old Legacy I went to the hardware store and got nuts, bolts, nylon spacers, and washers. I'd put the nut and a washer behind the mounting hole on the radiator support. Then put the bolt in on the grille side and use 1/4" nylon spacers between the grille and radiator support. The clips are $2.80 x 6 from Subaru, I spent $6 on all the hardware at Ace.

I'd say drill out the holes and use a dremel to make them square and then use the OEM clips, but I always end up breaking at least one of those clips whenever I remove the bumper so I always have a couple spare ones but they are $3 ish each so it'd add up.

Hey when you get that thing mounted post some pics. Ive heard so often on the nasoic forums that the only jdm grilles that properly fit a usdm LGT is the legacy grand wagons. I guess theres a difference in height, 3 variations according to the forum i read.

Im still unsure so id rather see it

I can tell you just from “sizing it up” & seeing others that JDM grilles don’t fit like the stock grilles do. They don’t sit flush against a USDM bumper cover. They sit a little higher (less than 1/4 inch). I don’t think it looks bad though. Especially if the grille color matches the bumper.

I used the universal license plate holder screws with the push in plastic lock. I put the plastic lock into the stock clip location on the car and used screws to attach through the holes in the grill. I did not have to drill any new holes and made a "factory" appearing grill mount.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Mounted with zip ties... f1537c3c30b4b0281460badcc3c437f5.jpg2eb6fe6874654cd42d1b6c2a08e781da.jpg The radiator support (or whatever that bar is that the headlights bolt down to) is bent ,because of the prior owner, so the driver side headlights are not fitted perfectly right. The gap is measured at 4/5 in.

Archived