LegacyGT.com

Stromung replacement options

That was my thought as well. There was no selection between wagon and sedan fitment.

Maybe I can find some measurement that would differentiate the two.

I thought the shop would call today to say it's finished but they didn't. I also assumed the car was sitting out in front of the shop for insurance to inspect or me to pick up.

Possibly tomorrow. I'm having a needle jabbed into my spine in the A.M. so hopefully sometime after that I can pick it up.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping your procedure goes smoothly in the morn.

I'm pretty sure you have the JDM wagon fitment (which works better for USDM sedans), if you compare the two options from the HKS site, you can tell JDM sedan vs wagon by the length of the barrels after the last hanger.

Sedan:

https://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/product_db/muffler/db/4944

31019af021_muffler.jpg

Wagon:

https://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/product_db/muffler/db/4934

31019af019_muffler.jpg

That was my thought as well. There was no selection between wagon and sedan fitment.

Maybe I can find some measurement that would differentiate the two.

I thought the shop would call today to say it's finished but they didn't. I also assumed the car was sitting out in front of the shop for insurance to inspect or me to pick up.

Possibly tomorrow. I'm having a needle jabbed into my spine in the A.M. so hopefully sometime after that I can pick it up.

Good luck on your procedure. Glad the car is coming together.

Brought to you by Pfizer

The never ending saga continues. The car is home (its not right but thats off topic)

The HKS is so much more quiet than the Stromung its insane.

I haven't had the chance to really drive it and hear it opened up so the jury is still out.

Thanks for the well wishes too! (Procedure went well)

Not yet. Saturday was wasted running errands and buying presents.

I did manage to replace the battery, fill up with E70, and change the map accordingly.

I planned on pulling the tmic Sunday to trace the massive fuel leak but a funeral and rain prevented that.

Not sure if you are running aftermarket hangers but switching from old worn out stock rubber hangers to KB Poly's really tucked the Q300 up into the cut-outs nicely. They were the stock-length ones, too.

Glad the procedure went well!

Not sure if you are running aftermarket hangers but switching from old worn out stock rubber hangers to KB Poly's really tucked the Q300 up into the cut-outs nicely. They were the stock-length ones, too.

Glad the procedure went well!

I did the same thing with my Hi-Power, works well to pull them up without getting too close.

Massive fuel leak is not good, definitely need that tracked down.

I can smell it in the cabin and when i put my face close to the running engine it burns my eyes.

The leak is under the intake manifold and there's a good chance I'll be sending it back to TIC to have it fixed.

I'm going to assume the body shop reused the old hangars. I'll have to get under and take a look.

Honestly your accident gkinslow has me a little spook about spending any more money on mods for the car. I've already spent more money than what it's actually worth. The thought of some random person running into me scares the crap out of me. I still have full coverage on the car, even though it's payed off, regardless the insurance will only give me back what they think the car is worth and not what I've put into it. I was gonna pick up some Wedsport RN-05M wheels, but the thought the cost of the wheels alone is almost a quarter of the value of the car has me double guessing myself.

Right now I've convinced myself the Spec B is my "forever" car.... let's be honest though. I am a car guy and as such there is a list of cars I'd love to put my hands on. Sorry for the long rant.... Hope you are healing well from the procedure you got done and that the car will be as good as new soon.

You need to read user name "dishwasher" signature. Insure your mods is essentially the point. I'll be doing that right away. I'm way past 3x what my car is worth.

Will definitely look into supplemental insurance.

• 2 weeks later...

TiC says its very fixable but would be fairly expensive.

Their shop rate is $120 an hour im going to find an exhaust specific shop and get an estimate.

I have done a lot of driving today but mostly in traffic. I don't hate the sound of the HKS especially appreciate the resonator while cruising. I just don't think I can get over the tip size. It is attracting attention from the ricer community already. An F150 was harassing me last night. That rarely ever happened with the stock looking Stromumg quad tips.

I wonder how much the ELH would alter the sound of the Stromung.....

These should help fitment a bit.

ba4e04552043f2fba633650ad903751a.jpg

Yeah, HKS is nice for cruising. I’ve only been harassed by a couple, one was a modded BMW M5 on the interstate, the other was a stereotypical civic. If you do end up fixing the Stromung, I’d like to be in line for the HKS mid pipe. Glad to see you finally getting a change to drive her

I have the nameless 5 inch muffler axleback and don't mind the tip size at all.

I've driven the NA 2.5i outback, and cars that go faster than they could ever brake; if I ever base my decisions on aesthetics off what others think I will know that I am valuing others opinions too much. It's your vehicle, do what makes YOU happy. Even if that is following the public's advice. Just know there is someone out there rocking a 1 inch tip, and another with a 20 inch diesel stack tip lol. I feel 3-4.5 is good, depending in if oval, circular, or dual.

It's tempting to add a resonator to the Stromung mid pipe while I'm at it.

There's a good chance I'll get it fixed as long as it's under about $1000 I can still convince myself it's "reasonable".

I'd say you are first in line for anything that ends up getting sold since you are local-ish.

Archived