LegacyGT.com

Stromung replacement options

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like plans have changed a bit.

I now need the entire CBE instead of just the cans.

I'm now looking at the HKS silent hi-power CBE (new)

There really isn't much left in the market as far as new High-end CBE.

I think I'm going to order the HKS today. Anyone have personal experience with this?

(FYI) the Stromung cans look salvageable but the Y-pipe is pretty trashed.

Wow. I was rear-ended a couple of months ago. White 06 wagon. Also broke the exhaust. The insurance adjuster says it's a wear item, AVO cans on stock mid-pipe, and he would only pay half on a replacement, so I bought a Borla for $800 on Amazon and love it. Drove to visit derp and bought all the parts I needed from his white wagon. Took it to the body shop and spent less than $500 for them to install the parts. I just couldn't see spending $3500 on a car with 215,000 miles on it.

Mine was over 10k in damage. It was a small fight to get it repaired vs totaled but it's nearly finished and my HKS exhaust showed up today. ($1100)

It was physical painful to total up all the money I've put into this car over the last 3 years but in the end that's what kept it on the road instead of a junk yard.

I have not unboxed the HKS as I still need to get an adapter for my downpipe to midpipe connection and several exhaust gaskets.

So you are saying I couldn't use the Stromung cans with the HKS mid and Y pipes?

Guess I should put the 2 side by side and check out the differences

The mid and Y aren't nearly as heavy as the Stromung.

The welds on the HKS mid and Y are not works of art but they are strong.

Package came with gaskets and hardware too, so I'll be taking it all to the body shop in the morning.

The mid and Y aren't nearly as heavy as the Stromung.

The welds on the HKS mid and Y are not works of art but they are strong.

Package came with gaskets and hardware too, so I'll be taking it all to the body shop in the morning.

I emailed Stromung two months ago and got no response. Are you considering selling your Stromung? Won't lie, not a big fan on the HKS mufflers, then again I might change my mind once I see pictures of them installed.

I emailed Stromung two months ago and got no response. Are you considering selling your Stromung? Won't lie, not a big fan on the HKS mufflers, then again I might change my mind once I see pictures of them installed.

The HKS system should be installed today. Although I'm certain they won't get the fitment right.

Saw the car this morning briefly and she looks good. Hopefully a more in depth look can be had later today in the sunlight.

I'm still undecided about the Stromung CBE. How the HKS sounds with the Killer Bee HH will likely determine what I do with the Stromung.

I'm leaning towards having it fixed by a reputable shop. If for no other reason than keeping on of the best exhausts for this platform in existence.

It took me a little bit to get used to them, but I really like the look now. To me, the dual/dual pipes are a US/Euro thing and the dual big pipes are a JDM thing. With the USDM wagon bumper, they tucked away like crazy; but with a JDM bumper they are just right.

IMG_4223.thumb.JPG.33f97a2126fd3733edc7529f28bbc64f.JPG

IMG_4326.thumb.JPG.048e907bc94491d1047064dcce52cac8.JPG

Did you get the wagon fitment for your sedan?

When do you get to hear them?

Archived