LegacyGT.com

Snap Wire

That is a ground strap for the engine. You have three of them all together. You should replace it soon. Just measure the length and you can get a replacement of the same size at an auto parts store. You may want to do the ground strap on the other side of the engine since it will probably fail also.

ON second taught Would it be better if I put a coated wire to prevent corrosion.
Maybe. The wire needs to be very flexible and resistant to metal fatigue because there's a lot of vibration and movement. That's why they use the woven wire. Insulation is not electrically necessary and could conceal a break in the wire. Consider using a wire strap that is better quality.

strap.thumb.jpg.6b521305da9093f8b382fdd44489f914.jpg

That is a JEGS Performance Products P/N 10295 13" fine strand braided copper ground strap.

Engine grounds are important for several reasons. All of the sensors mounted on the engine need a solid ground to function well. Spark plugs, of course. Also, good grounds can help prevent corrosion of the engine's internal parts.

Thanks MilesA the piece cost $12.99usd but shipping to my place is doubled. Got to find a close by resource. Thanks for the fast reply definitely I’ll replace them all, I’m the second owner and doing things to be done on it little by little.

Found a 4 gauge $9.29cad, need to go under again to check other wires? Or do you know the length on the rest of them? It’s cold outside now -1c here today ��

A little bit longer won't really hurt anything. No need to be a specific size, as long as it's in good shape, you'll be fine.

Alright I’ll get the 2 gauge 15’ copper type ground strap which it says high conductor of electricity, the 4 gauge 13’ doesn’t mention if copper or not.

And I’ll be needing 3 of them as mentioned on Post #2

Corrosion is the main problem here in my place.

Archived