LegacyGT.com

2019 Legacy

subiefan15

Looking to trade my '16 and wanted to see what changes were coming for 2019 and well the rumors have started. I have heard that powertrains will change, possibly the 2.4 DIT that will be in the new Ascent? Could be on the new Global Platform as well. That wouldn't match the typical 5 year span Subaru usually has but figured I would start the topic. Looking forward to what some of you have heard.

I'm betting there will be on changes from 2018, the 2020 will be the next changes. See that thread.

We've had our 2018 Outback 3.6R for a couple of weeks, traded in the 2016. The 18 is a much better car, can almost say, they finally got it right. Is it perfect, no, but its a nice improvement over the 2016.

You should go test drive a 18.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

With the Ascent being delayed and released next spring and the SGP Forester due in 2019 as well. I don't see Subaru shortening the design cycle of the Legacy/Outback platform. The 6th Gen Legacy was introduce at a car show in Feb 2014, it has been awfully quiet on the spy pictures front if Subaru is releasing a 7th Gen Legacy in a few months. I also suspect that the 2.4DIT won't be put in a 1 year only 6th Gen Legacy. Subaru has done that in the past of rolling out 1 engine in 1 car line before implementing it across the line up.

With the Ascent being delayed and released next spring and the SGP Forester due in 2019 as well. I don't see Subaru shortening the design cycle of the Legacy/Outback platform. The 6th Gen Legacy was introduce at a car show in Feb 2014, it has been awfully quiet on the spy pictures front if Subaru is releasing a 7th Gen Legacy in a few months. I also suspect that the 2.4DIT won't be put in a 1 year only 6th Gen Legacy. Subaru has done that in the past of rolling out 1 engine in 1 car line before implementing it across the line up.

The Ascent is being delayed?

Subaru could put the 2.4DIT in the 2019 Legacy/Outback if they end production of the 3.6 engines. Why waste the resources on making two low volume engines.

Archived