LegacyGT.com

estimate

Nobody got a ticket? Were the police called? Was there a police report?

Ticket or no ticket someone was at fault. You'd be lucky to get the bumper alone fixed for $600.

That quarter is much more expensive.

Well that would really suck on a claims adjuster's salary....I hope you're wrong

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Fixed.

I don't think $600 would buy you a decent bondo job on that, much less a proper repair. Good luck though. If you find a job that does it right for $600 send me their info, because I'll send all my insureds and claimants there to get their cars fixed.

Brought to you by Pfizer

The cheap route: Do as much work as you can by pulling the rear light housing out, wheel well liner out and the carpet panel inside the trunk. Watch some YouTube vids on major dent repairs and try to get most of that dent out on your own. If you can get most of it to pop out, then you can bondo the rest or have a paint shop do it.

Otherwise as mention before, it can run you up to $2k.

My wife's balls are delicious.

First first estimate $3,500 to paint the whole back half including bumper and one rear door where I have a little rust spot.... Guy was in the left lane came into the right lane and hit my back left quarter but I was in the right lane going faster... Cops gave no tickets

I've never been in an accident where cops gave a ticket. That doesn't mean that the other guy didn't hit you while entering your lane and is at fault. Let the insurance companies battle it out. He was changing lanes, not you.

First first estimate $3,500 to paint the whole back half including bumper and one rear door where I have a little rust spot.... Guy was in the left lane came into the right lane and hit my back left quarter but I was in the right lane going faster... Cops gave no tickets

Cops will frequently give no tickets, but will place “contributing factors” on the police report. 3500 isn’t out of line to be honest. That’s probably with a new OEM quarterpanel.

If you have collision coverage file a claim through your own insurance and let them pursue reimbursement (subrogation) from the at fault party. They’re required to demand reimbursement for your deductible. If you don’t have collision coverage, then call the other party’s insurance and ask them if they have made a liability determination. Give them a statement if you’re confident you can give a good statement. I would be happy to help walk you through the insurance process if you want help. I’ve helped a number of people on these forums with accidents in the past.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Well that would really suck on a dish washers salary....I hope your wrong

Like I asked before if out of pocket or claiming through insurance. Through insurance and the bodyshop will really increase the price, easily $1500+. That is, at least around here. We have a lot of bodyshops that do work for T&LC/taxi's - they have plenty of manpower and material do a private car.

This was my car before and after a very fortunate off during a winter storm (I slid backwards off the highway going ~60mph). The rear quarter needed to be pulled out slightly as well as get a replacement sail panel and knock out the little dent on the quarter, along with a full rear bumper respray and rear quarter spray/blending.

P1100833.jpg.9ff380b5ab39baebb1c0080eedc04afc.jpg

P1100494.thumb.jpg.e4ba6dec11211ed3611a40ebf0329e20.jpg

Like I asked before if out of pocket or claiming through insurance. Through insurance and the bodyshop will really increase the price, easily $1500+. That is, at least around here. We have a lot of bodyshops that do work for T&LC/taxi's - they have plenty of manpower and material do a private car.

This was my car before and after a very fortunate off during a winter storm (I slid backwards off the highway going ~60mph). The rear quarter needed to be pulled out slightly as well as get a replacement sail panel and knock out the little dent on the quarter, along with a full rear bumper respray and rear quarter spray/blending.

In getting some advise, and it looks like I'm paying out of pocket unless the police report is on my side...

Archived