LegacyGT.com

Official: Inside or Outside?

Wheres You Scooby going to be?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Wheres You Scooby going to be?

• Inside a Garage
    • Outside in the snow or those tent things
    • Sometimes in, Sometimes out

Garage, just during the sleepy hours, of course. :) Then Winky's out to play in the snow ( :D ) and salt ( :( ) all-day!

We've got a two-car garage, so the wifey's Rex sleeps in one space, and Winky in the next, separated by my heavybag, which hangs in the middle.

I still don't quite know what to do, though, about one thing....

I usually turn my wifey's car around for her before the two of us hits the sack for the night; and in the AM, as her garage door doesn't have an external/remote open (our garage is detached) - it is an older one, came with the house, and we cannot get another remote for it - I will pop her garage door open when I leave for work.

This, I think, is gonna cause a lot of snow to drift-in during the two-hours or so that separates when she leaves the house, and when I leave....

Think we might be swapping bays for the winter....

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

nice garage...looks so damn clean!!

No kids, notice the lack of toys/crap. Oh yeah in a garage surrounded by kid's toys and lawn care equipment. I haven't seen the top of my work bench since it was built.

When it is home, it will be in a garage. Growing up, I never had a garage and did (too) many stints as a shadetree mechanic in the street. I promised myself that when I bought a house, I'd get one with a garage. Now that I have one, I'll be damned not to use it!

Outside in the snow and cold.

BTW does anybody have a remote starter for a 5 speed?

My garage if for my wifes car (of course) and my saab convertible. My plan is to get a pure sports car in 3 years and put on a 3rd bay.

So unfortunately my black wagon will never live inside. During the summer though after detailing it all day, i will kick my wife's dirty car out and pull the wagon in.

j

outside. no garage. when I get a new place (hopefully sooner than later) a garage will be a big factor for me
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

My Triumph TR6 sleeps in the garage at all times, so the Subie is out in the driveway. That thing would rust away as I sat there and watched it if left out in the salt and snow (in fact it did once already in it's life).

BTW does anybody have a remote starter for a 5 speed?

I'm pretty sure it's illegal for shops to install one of these on a manual car, at least here in Jersey. My buddy tried to get one installed in his 97 Supra, the shop said no way can they do it. Of course people could do it themselves, but I'm sure if you hit the button to start and forgot that you parked the car in gear and it went into a wall you'd have a hell of a time getting your insurance to pay off on that. I put one in my wifes Jeep Grand Cherokee two years ago and I'd love to put one in the Legacy, really nice to come out to a fully warmed up car on those cold winter days.

In the garage with 50 other cars. I live in a Co-Op, so we have shared garages. Good thing is that I have the first spot next to the door, so I only have one car on one side, and it is hardly ever there.

And about the remote start for 5-speed there is only one company that I know of that makes it and it is approved is the Compustar:

http://www.compustar.org/security_with_remote_start.htm

Check them out, they are designed to be safe with a 5 speed and they have tons of features.

X

---

Archived