LegacyGT.com

Florida!!!!

Thank You. Got the Go Bags, ready RTEs, extra ammo, extra equipment. Always better to have extra then not.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

I agree with the exception of Laz. **** that guy.

Thanks man! My sentiments exactly! F that guy!

West Palm Beach checking in.

We are still good. No power outages for me. I do have a generator on stand by in case the power goes out.

Today will be the worst for us as the storm travels north on the west coast of Florida.

As of right now the worst is the cabin fever. You would think that I would be super productive catching up with all the pending things that I could be doing but my head is not in it.

---

My whole family it stuck at Universal-but that is a pretty safe place to be , especially now the path shifted west. Wish they were home though. They had a Monday flight out so no way that was happening... Well wishes to anyone in Tampa or on west coast......

Here in Tampa...drinking beer....wondering why all the hoopla over less rain & wind than we get from our regular afternoon thunderstorms. Actually went for a swim in the pool about an hour ago...

Have 3 Scooby's in the garage, parked the 4th on the 3rd floor of a local parking garage.

Saw some footage of Miami... For missing the city, the still have a shit ton of damage.

People forget, that recent storms like Irene and sandy weren't even hurricanes for the large majority of the damage impact. So... A cat 1 (or 3), is still ******* horrible

looks like overall not as much damage as predicted (except for some hard hit Caribean islands, Cuba...and Miami).

Hopefully, this does not lead to larger number of people ignoring forecasts for the next hurricane. If that predicted 10-15' storm surge had happened, it would have been devastating.

Lived here over 40 years, loss of power is to be expected in storms like this, people are already bitching that power hasn't been restored after this statewide storm. Hurricane's are a part of life here, just like afternoon tropical thunderstorms that routinely kill the power and take down trees, admittedly on a smaller scale.

I spent yesterday getting a large oak of a roof, there's still very little gas and it's hot as hell inside. But I stick to my original comment, I wonder what all the hoopla is about.

I get it, but your area was one of the areas that didn't quite get it as bad as others. I know people in tampa that are breathing a sigh of relief. Im guessing you are as well!

Go up state a bit, or downstate, and you'll see much different. I know several people in florida right now, and they're telling me it's pretty shitty. Somewhere between 25-50% of homes in the keys are a total loss. Marco Island, Naples, Miami area, all have some major issues, as well as the northern areas (with unpredicted flooding). 6 million power outages are usually a decent indicator that something is a tad worst than mild.

That, coupled with the initial thoughts on cost to rebuild being measured in billions, put this as one of the top 10 hurricanes to hit the US. Sure, it wasn't Katrina, but it's still less than ideal and worst than an isolated thunderstorm or two.

Hopefully this "miss" doesn't sculpt the mentality to ignore future hoopla. :)

My brother evacuated Key West 48 hours prior to the storm hitting. He lives/lived on a nice house boat down there, wonderful setup in paradise. Fate of his boat is still unknown, but I imagine its not where he left it.

Best wishes to all those affected by the devastation.

This is not Florida's first rodeo so people and structurally Florida is better prepared. We missed the brute force of it but it was still hard. The aftermath is hard to deal with as well.

Just today the whole reality of it is starting to hit me. I know because I am finally letting myself be tired, and I am exhausted. Outside my business it looks like a hurricane hit because of the tree branches and missing traffic lights, but power never went out. At home power never went out either but we are only in the 25% of people that got lucky.

Here is a video that show hurricane Andrew. Florida was not prepared for that hurricane.

With that said I need a nap. Also does anyone want to buy a new 6250 watt generator?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5CFFoN-pUE&sns=fb]Remembering Hurricane Andrew: Miami-Dade's Unbreakable Spirit - YouTube[/ame]

---

I am back. Just finally joined civilization. There was no power, no internet/ phone service and the worst of All no cell service.

It sure seems so. Just found a little heaven on earth. First HOT shower since we lost the electricity at 7pm Sunday. Boy that felt Great![emoji16]

I will say it really put into perspective but I am a self reliant and can live and prosper with just the essentials. I can still skin a buck, fish and make fire and can even survive a Zombie apocalypse.

Archived