LegacyGT.com

B.o.v.?

Hello so I'm trying to purchase a BOV for my spec.B. I know obviously they come equipped with one from the factory but I'd like one that's louder! My buddy was telling me I can just get a spacer for it which would give me that sound that I crave? Who sells them? Also what's the cheapest route? Thanks -Tony

Take out the silencer under the air filter box, you'll get a little noise from that.

Ask Dave at cyro tuning what he would recommend for you.

http://www.cryotuneperformance.com/

He's the only one near you'd I'd trust my car too. Tell him we sent you to him.

Is the car on a Cobb AP ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

FWIW, both my cars have OEM BOV's. spend you money on something more important.

The catless DP on and current exhaust set up on my wagon, let me hear the turbo and BOV really clear. stock mid pipe and straight thru mufflers from Pro Lab Tuning.

Read more about these cars and then ask again when you have more questions.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The turbo GTs have a by-pass valve, which functions the same as a blow off valve to relieve boost pressure. The by-pass puts the air back into the intake system because of the way subaru designed the system and the tune. Switching to a blow off valve causes issues when you let off the gas pedal while boosting.

FWIW, both my cars have OEM BOV's. spend you money on something more important.

The catless DP on and current exhaust set up on my wagon, let me hear the turbo and BOV really clear. stock mid pipe and straight thru mufflers from Pro Lab Tuning.

Read more about these cars and then ask again when you have more questions.

I've been checking out your engine build in your signature. That's the way I want to go. Something simple but fun to drive. Power and noise when I choose! Also problem free as much as possible. I've driven Volkswagen growing up. All this stuff is new to me haha I apologize in advance if I ask you guys/girls stupid questions I'm still learning these amazing machines.

Archived