LegacyGT.com

Help Identifying Seat Belt pre-tensioner

I need your assistance identifying the seat belt pretensioner on my 2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5 Premium. The airbag light is on and the error code is "62 - Belt Pretensioner LH Failure" I was told the pretensioner is on the side of the seat and it is where the buckle connects to but I don't have anything like that, do you think it is under the seat? People keep telling me that it is a long cylindrical tube but I just cannot find it. Could one of you point me in the right direction please?

Thank you so much. :confused:

Sent you a pm with some more info. For code 62 it's either an electrical issue with the harness or poor connection at the contacts, or it's the pretensioner itself (in the B pillar) or it's the airbag control module (which is under the center console)

Is it possible to replace the pretensioner without replacing the seatbelt? (Assuming it hasn't been been detonated in a crash.) I ask because seat belts and related components have a lifetime warranty, but the electrical parts don't. If the pretensioner is one unit with the seatbelt then I would argue that it's covered by the warranty.

http://www.subaru.com/owners/vehicle-warranty/warranties-2012.html

Archived