LegacyGT.com

LGT vs. Evo

I have been researching getting a new car for about 3 months now, and the LGT has been on my list for all that time. I have thought about sooo many cars, such as an IS300, 325xi, C-Series Benz, and a TSX. Right now, the LGT and Evo are on the top of my list for the fact of AWD Turbo.

I really really dislike how subarus sound with and aftermarket exhaust, and I figure if I modify mine, the exhaust would eventually change. I also really dislike the lack of luxury in the Evo.

I have test driven the LGT and I was nothing less then impressed, but I haven't driven an Evo yet, so I don't know anything about it. For those of you that have driven both, does it ride more harsh? Can you feel the power difference? What would you rather get?

Yes, I think they are really different cars. I would say a comparison between a STi and an EVO would be more appropiate, but I have heard many people say that even though the evo may handle better than the STi, the interior looks very cheap for a car of that price.

I am sure others will chime in.

X

---

A coworker of mine just bought an Evo IX and I got a chance to get a short ride in it. The interior is much better than previous years model. It had some carbon fiber trim in the interior and the seats are firmer than the LGT limited and I would say similiar to the STI's seats in that you won't slide around in it. I sat a little bit lower to the ground also. The car definitely handles better than a stock LGT limited with not as much body roll around a sharp curve. Don't know if I like the sound of the engine/turbo though but that's just personal preference. I don't think you can get much of a discount on them and it lists for about $36K.

Anything over 34K for a new EVO and you are getting raped:eek:

If you are planning on keeeping the cars stock the Leggy GT will be crushed by the EVO in EVERY performance category:(

Now....get a DEAL on a 05 GT Limited 23-24K & spend about 5K modding it & you will DESTROY the EVO in every performance category....Excluding braking:(

Not to mention having a FAR superior car!

Nothing is better than being a true SLEEPER...the look on people' faces is Priceless:eek:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

wow. i think your the first that has said they dont like the sound of the boxer engine. with an aftermarket tbe it gets deeper and has more of a rumble to it. id say go with a civic with a autozone fart can since you dont seem to like the deep rumble, maybe a high pitched lawnmower is more of what your looking for.

you cant really compare a lgt to an evo. the lgt was made to be a "luxury" model where as the evo is more of a sports car. a better match up would be the evo and sti.

Work hard. Play even harder.

My Garage

The EVO is a better platform to mod and starts off as a better performer also.

I would build one up for a track car but not a daily driver.

The car is 30k of engine, suspension, and transmission thrown in a bucket of bolts.

Great performer but in the end its still a mitsubishi.

If you want a fast cheap car get the mitsu. Getting an EVO to run 11's isn't hard. The interior is chinsy and it's purple... But if your going to drive this car on a daily basis, get the legacy. I was looking at the STi before the legacy, and I choose the legacy because it is my daily driver. I couldn't be happier. Although it doesn't handle or brake like an evo or sti, it's only a set of coilovers, and a brembo conversion away. The sleeper factor is a big plus. Ask yourself what you want with your new car purchase. Then figure out how much you want to spend and go from there.

Other former DSMers may chime in but,..

Yes, you have to compare the Evo with the Sti to be more fair in terms of size and stock performance,..

And I agree that with the money you save with getting a 05 LGT Lmt or standard model, you can make it just as fast and brake well,..handling Id still probably give it to the Evo only cause it doesnt have to carry the extra length and size the LGT is,..but thats the advantage of the LGT,..More space and a useable back seat to carry 4 people total,..

I had a 90 Eclipse GSX modded,.. and with the LGT with HM stage 1.5, I can say I could probably stay with an EVO in a straight line if not more,..and I love the boxer rumble compared to the 2.0 L Mitsu engine,...In any case, Evo, LGT, or Sti,.they are great platforms and many aftermarket parts out there,..just depends on your budget and seating/storage capacity needs,..Plus I hope Mitsu doesnt end up biting the bullet US wise,....

Archived